This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

An Insomniac/sony rift might be brewing...

#1SophisticationPosted 1/30/2013 12:58:49 AM
http://www.gamingunion.net/news/insomniac-games-share-your-frustration-with-ratchet-and-clank-full-frontal-assault--8721.html

Face it, there is no frustration over or by anyone to play this game... It was donkey sacks -- No one bought it, and it reportedly only sold 33,000 copies to date.

Let's go ahead and clear up the "frustration" part right then and there, cowboy... No one is "upset" or "angry" or "teeming" to play this game. The bigger story here, however, is the fact that Insomniac are notoriously lazy developers who have cut corner after corner on their IP's this Gen... Maybe they just don't have the skills to develop for complex cell architecture -- I dunno???

What I do know is this, Sony is probably upset with Insomniac for

1. Betraying them by going 3rd party.

&

2. Shoving these poor excuses for R&C games out onto the network making Sony look bad to its consumers.

I only hope this brings about change and that Sony finally does what's right and strips these incompetent fools of the IP once and for all. Let Insomniac die off with the likes of Factor 5, Atari, THQ, Ninja theory and Rare... Their services are no longer needed.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#2Vergil_the_BluePosted 1/30/2013 1:05:24 AM
Poor Ninja Theory...DMC wasn't THAT bad.
#3Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:09:50 AM(edited)
Vergil_the_Blue posted...
Poor Ninja Theory...DMC wasn't THAT bad.

Perhaps when compared to others in the series, but as a game, on its own merits, it's typical Ninja theory trash -- just like Heavenly Bore and Enslaved.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
#4awesomesauce13Posted 1/30/2013 1:22:28 AM
R&C is my favourite series and Insomniac is (or was) one of my favourite developers, but even I have to admit that the Resistance series wasn't that great and their R&C games lately have been crap.
#5Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:12:24 AM
awesomesauce13 posted...
R&C is my favourite series and Insomniac is (or was) one of my favourite developers, but even I have to admit that the Resistance series wasn't that great and their R&C games lately have been crap.

No company can sustain that level of mediocrity forever... Their time is coming. I expect layoffs in insomniacs' future.
---
#6riddlebox89Posted 1/30/2013 3:18:43 AM
Sophistication posted...
I only hope this brings about change and that Sony finally does what's right and strips these incompetent fools of the IP once and for all.

Lol, you do know that Sony can't just take something that they have no legal rights to right? It's Insomniac's franchise, not Sony's.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#7Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:30:47 AM(edited)
riddlebox89 posted...
Sophistication posted...
I only hope this brings about change and that Sony finally does what's right and strips these incompetent fools of the IP once and for all.

Lol, you do know that Sony can't just take something that they have no legal rights to right? It's Insomniac's franchise, not Sony's.

Hahaha... wow... really? Better brush up on your homework. Sony owns Resistance and Ratchet. Insomniac has zero worth, they are mere developers picked by sony to make their IP.

Sony can hand their ip to anyone they want.
---
#8TheTenth10Posted 1/30/2013 3:42:12 AM
R&C being now 90% shooter 10% platformer doesn't interest me at all
#9riddlebox89Posted 1/30/2013 3:42:33 AM
Sophistication posted...
Hahaha... wow... really? Better brush up on your homework. Sony owns Resistance and Ratchet. Insomniac has zero worth, they are mere developers picked by sony to make their IP.

Lol nope.

Insomniac is a third party company, they own the rights to their IP's, not Sony, Sony doesn't own Insomniac.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#10Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:43:59 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
Sophistication posted...

Lol nope.

Insomniac is a third party company, they own the rights to their IP's, not Sony, Sony doesn't own Insomniac.

Clueless...

http://www.psu.com/a008321/Ratchet-+-Clank-to-stay-Sony-exclusive
---