This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Upgrading to a 1TB HDD was the best idea. Should have done it sooner.

#41Raven-Z(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:38:15 PM
Dennison420 posted...
Raven-Z posted...

Anyway, I would really recommend it for anyone reaching their limit. Swapping the drives over was very straightforward, and I did it in about twenty minutes with no loss of data.

How is it done with no loss of data? That's why I've been holding off on switching my 320G out....last time I switched hard drives I had to download everything again...If it can be done without any loss...I'll do it tonight. Thanks!

If you have an external HDD to act as an intermediary, you can choose the Backup/Restore option from System Settings.

Otherwise, you can back up your saves onto Online Storage (works with copy-protected stuff too) and bite the bullet of re-downloading your games from PSN.
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#42Golden MavenPosted 1/30/2013 3:39:51 PM
I use the stock 160GB which is plenty for a few game installs. I never play more than 3 or 4 games in the same time period.
#43killakPosted 1/30/2013 4:17:55 PM
killak posted...
Your topic title infers that you're going to do it, but you opening post states that you've done it.

Just saying.

Not really.

(The decision I made of) upgrading to a 1TB HDD was the best idea. (I really) should have done it sooner.

Ah true. next time I won't post when I'm feeling incredibly tired.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, the exclamation.........
#44Dennison420Posted 1/30/2013 5:16:37 PM
Raven-Z posted...
Dennison420 posted...
Raven-Z posted...

Anyway, I would really recommend it for anyone reaching their limit. Swapping the drives over was very straightforward, and I did it in about twenty minutes with no loss of data.

How is it done with no loss of data? That's why I've been holding off on switching my 320G out....last time I switched hard drives I had to download everything again...If it can be done without any loss...I'll do it tonight. Thanks!

If you have an external HDD to act as an intermediary, you can choose the Backup/Restore option from System Settings.

Otherwise, you can back up your saves onto Online Storage (works with copy-protected stuff too) and bite the bullet of re-downloading your games from PSN.

Is it supposed to copy everything? Games and saves included? I don't have any music or videos, so my thing is just not having to download 320G+ all over again....