This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Only reason SFIV worked out with Capcom is coz they had the original creators

#1yahya_no_1Posted 1/30/2013 8:13:16 AM
Only reason Capcom got SFIV right(even though I hate it), is they got Dimps on the project, which has Takashi Nishiyama and Hiroshi Matsumoto+ ex-SNK employees

yes they weren't given full control over the game but were game given the gameplay portion and from the fan response they liked it(I hate it still).

Now a look at all the other Capcom big projects of classic games recently getting a sequel and not a single one had their original creators on board at ALL...........sooooo its pretty clear what the problem with Capcom is.

They don't understand the IPss they have and never understood them, they think DMC is just another generic H&S like GOW or Heavenly swords and anyone will buy it no matter how the game will look.

They think RE can bring the COD crowd in, only problem the COD crowd never grew up with classic RE.

They think MvC fans are the same fans as the SF fans and pulled that DLC move on us thinking we will buy it, same with SFxT.

did I miss anything?
---
PSN:yahyano1
#2DarthNAS4Posted 1/30/2013 8:15:30 AM
(I hate this topic)
---
"The most excellent struggle is that for the conquest of self."
~Prophet Muhammad
#3nihilist212Posted 1/30/2013 8:36:01 AM
The COD crowd never grew up with RE? With that obviously misinformed and idiotic comment, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and should stop posting.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#4yahya_no_1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 9:35:45 AM
^hahaha, So you think RE4 is the first RE game?
---
PSN:yahyano1
#5RemakeMePosted 1/30/2013 9:38:23 AM
Agreed, if only they replaced Ono. He's a nice guy but not a great producer by any means.
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#6Chewy247Posted 1/30/2013 9:46:06 AM
yahya_no_1 posted...
^hahaha, So you think RE4 is the first RE game?

RE2 was my first RE game when I was 8 back on the N64. CoD 2 was my first CoD game when I was 15, so yeah I guess I grew up with both then huh?
---
#TimesUpPunk
#7RollingCradlePosted 1/30/2013 9:48:21 AM
Well since you hate it they apparently didn't get it right, genius.
#8theshovellerPosted 1/30/2013 10:01:28 AM
The only reason Street Fighter 4 worked out with Capcom, in my opinion, is because it's a fighting game, and it has that magical "Street Fighter" name attached to it. How many renditions have they put out of each game?

That's my theory on it. Sports people have a yearly updated version they buy, fighting game people have a new version they buy every... maybe two to three years, with maybe the exception being Capcom's games. Didn't "Ultimate MVC3" come out not even six to nine months after "MVC3" came out? And Super Street Fighter 4 came out somewhat shortly after Street Fighter 4, and I think (though I could be wrong, I don't follow them closely) Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition is yet another "rendition" of Street Fighter 4.

I know other fighting games don't come out that frequently - DoA5 came out some months ago, and before that was DoA4 at 360's launch window. Soul Calibur 5 came out last year, and before that was SC4 (maybe two years before that?) and before that was SC3, back on the PS2. Tekken.... I'll be honest, I have no idea. They had maybe two, two "and a half" total on this generation, I think?

This is all just me spitballing and theorizing, though. I'm not a big fighting game guy, but it just seems to me there's a few parallels between sports game fans and fighting game fans.
#9TomoEK9Posted 1/30/2013 10:09:32 AM
Why did SF4 work out? Ono

The man is a fan of the genre and is passionate about his work. He got to make SF4 his way and had little meddling from his higher ups. He cares about the fans, their comments, their suggestions and pushing the genre forward.

MvC3 was directed by Nitsuma, he is a good guy and made a great game but Capcom started to see where they can start sucking money from their customers with this game and it had less after release support than SF4, mostly due to Nitsuma having less pull within the company than Ono.

SFxT might have been made by Ono but with the decision to pump out a bunch of DLC and lock it, its clear that his bosses had much more of a hand within the game and thats why its flopping. He still has that passion and drive to make it a good game though, and with the SFxT Version 2013 coming out, I hope they fix the problems the game has.
#10JiZamezPosted 1/30/2013 10:12:19 AM
SF4 may be successful but the game was a step backwards in the series, in both gameplay and design. They should've tweaked the formula they used in 3rd Strike a bit and ran with that but they decided to make everyone look like 'roid monkeys and made the basis of the entire gameplay a down+back turtle race.
---
Playstation 3 Network ID: MapleStory
My Fat Princess, Square-Enix, & other game OST's: http://youtube.com/mapleps3