This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Funny how bayonetta is basiclly DMC's spiritual successor..

#11FiendingHardPosted 1/30/2013 11:35:08 AM
Vergil_the_Blue posted...
Bayonetta is annoying. Too many tedious button combinations to memorize, it feels like a dial a combo fighting game. Plus, that God damn J-pop song that always played drove me insane.

Tedious button combinations? Get better. Dial a combo? Learn what dial a combo is, Bayonetta's combat is pretty free-flowing. Jpop? Custom soundtracks.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Anarchy Reigns, Far Cry 3, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#12Video_Game_CzarPosted 1/30/2013 11:44:00 AM
Bayonetta had nothing that made Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry. Devil May Cry had much more to it then just the combat...It's had good level design, great art and atmosphere on top of a great soundtrack. Then you have the gameplay that still hasn't been outdone.

Bayonetta had an intrusive amount of cutscenes, a crap story that jammed down your throat, short, poorly designed levels and some of the levels being buggy beyond all belief. Top that with an awful soundtrack...Really, If I even hear "Fly me to the moon" again I'm going to go crazy.

Bayonetta has a good combat system, but you are never just given free reign...The levels are too short with too few enemies...Something Devil May Cry doesn't do. It lets you play the game without taking you out of the action.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#13mmpepsiPosted 1/30/2013 11:46:50 AM
Vergil_the_Blue posted...
Bayonetta is annoying. Too many tedious button combinations to memorize, it feels like a dial a combo fighting game. Plus, that God damn J-pop song that always played drove me insane.

Are you kidding?

Bayonetta is pretty much DMC with a different skin.
#14nouseravailablePosted 1/30/2013 12:05:52 PM(edited)
Video_Game_Czar posted...
Bayonetta had nothing that made Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry. Devil May Cry had much more to it then just the combat...It's had good level design, great art and atmosphere on top of a great soundtrack. Then you have the gameplay that still hasn't been outdone.

Bayonetta have all those thing tho. It has a Frank Synatra remix and tons of Acapella songs in the same game, it feature a strong aesthetic concept that is somewhere between Robert Rodriguez and Chan-wook Park, and there is the whole Hideki self reference. Its a very authoral game, just because you like DMC better, it doesnt mean it doesnt have "anything" that made DMC a DMC.

Idk about the new DmC since i couldnt care less about it but there is no reason not to say that Bayo is the original DMC spiritual successor...
---
NP: R&C A Crack in Time and Tales of Symphonia.
#15mmpepsiPosted 1/30/2013 12:18:00 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...

Bayonetta had an intrusive amount of cutscenes, a crap story that jammed down your throat, short, poorly designed levels and some of the levels being buggy beyond all belief. Top that with an awful soundtrack...Really, If I even hear "Fly me to the moon" again I'm going to go crazy.

Bayonetta has a good combat system, but you are never just given free reign...The levels are too short with too few enemies...Something Devil May Cry doesn't do. It lets you play the game without taking you out of the action.

It had nothing that made Devil May Cry Devil May Cry?

How about the same director? Without him Devil May Cry wouldn't have been what it was. It's why Bayonetta and DMC are so similar gameplay wise.

How can you complain about the levels? They were short in all the DMC games. That's their style. You could beat some in under 10 minutes easy.

Also I hope you're not trying to say Devil May Cry has a great story. It's just stupid cheesy fun. That's all Bayonetta's story is too.
#16MelficeSeph2Posted 1/30/2013 12:25:37 PM
I'm without a doubt the BIGGEST Devil May Cry (DMC) fan I know in real life and I can honestly say that Bayonetta was a more than worthy successor. After playing DMC3 and DMC3:SE I thought it was as good as it was ever going to get and then I played and beat Bayonetta. Bayonetta FLOORED me. HARD. It's now the standard upon which I hold all other games of it's kind to.
---
Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride, you're in good hands.- Gene Starwind
#17zyrax2301Posted 1/30/2013 12:36:55 PM
The one thing I disagreed with about Bayonetta was the block/parry move. Blocking giant boss attacks is silly. DMC had it right - dodge or counter.

Still, solid game and very fun to play.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#18StarGoyPosted 1/31/2013 4:05:50 AM
What block/parry against bosses? I remember the game encouraging the player to dodge, rather than block, boss attacks.
#19stawg007Posted 1/31/2013 4:11:14 AM
StarGoy posted...
What block/parry against bosses? I remember the game encouraging the player to dodge, rather than block, boss attacks.

I think you had to have an item equipped to be able to parry attacks
---
GT: lPayneToTheMaxl