This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't even like Dark Souls.

#11Devilman_AmonPosted 1/30/2013 11:54:24 AM
DS takes a lot of skill and patience and demands constant attention from the player

Three things many if not all casualites lack this gen due to a plethora of dumbed down games geared towards them
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#12DagorhaPosted 1/30/2013 11:58:05 AM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Nothing. It's not for everyone.(I love it though).

---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#13theshovellerPosted 1/30/2013 12:07:13 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
DS takes a lot of skill and patience and demands constant attention from the player

Three things many if not all casualites lack this gen due to a plethora of dumbed down games geared towards them

Or people who don't have the time on their hands to plop down on a game like that. I said this in another thread, but I beat the original TMNT on NES back in the day. While I could probably beat a Souls game if I was hell-bent on it, I'd just rather not bother with it because the time-to-fun ratio would be too low for me to bother with it. I have other stuff that can stress me out if I really want it to. Dying because of a single mistake and losing, say, 45 minutes of progress because of it is not what I find fun. Having it happen once or twice, I can see. Playing a game where it's expected to happen every single time I sit down to play it? I'll pass.

Some people like it, but not me. There's nothing driving me to keep going after that. There's no bad guy who's taunting me to keep moving forward, there's no looming threat pushing me onward, there's no princess that needs saving. There's the end of the level, and to me, that's not enough to trudge along with massive setbacks like that.
#14nukedduckPosted 1/30/2013 12:08:05 PM
thierminator posted...
robhoo1 posted...
Dark Souls is amazing, but that does not mean anythings wrong with you.
You probably love COD & I dont like that, so hey, its alllllll good bra.

hhhmm, i don't really like dark souls , i really really don't like cod. I love portal , catherine , lollipop chainsaw, borderlands, am i a nerd??

Its oaky son. We're all nerds here. I love NNK, Ratchet % Clank, Dark Souls, Borderlands 2, and Modnation. Im definitely a nerd.
---
PSN ID: radiatedduck
the most wonderful thing about radiatedducks, is IM THE ONLY ONE!!!
#15nihilist212Posted 1/30/2013 12:08:48 PM
thierminator posted...
robhoo1 posted...
Dark Souls is amazing, but that does not mean anythings wrong with you.
You probably love COD & I dont like that, so hey, its alllllll good bra.

hhhmm, i don't really like dark souls , i really really don't like cod. I love portal , catherine , lollipop chainsaw, borderlands, am i a nerd??

---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#16Darth_ElusivePosted 1/30/2013 12:15:00 PM
I also don't like Dark Souls. However, I didn't like Demon's Souls at first. But after beating it the first time learning how things work, I began to like it and end up spending 300+ hours.

The learning curve is not steep for me, some how I just don't like the setting. I really don't like the fat NPC merchant by the hill side.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#17-Crazy_Dude-Posted 1/30/2013 12:38:09 PM
Darth_Elusive posted...
I also don't like Dark Souls. However, I didn't like Demon's Souls at first. But after beating it the first time learning how things work, I began to like it and end up spending 300+ hours.

The learning curve is not steep for me, some how I just don't like the setting. I really don't like the fat NPC merchant by the hill side.

Mate if that's the case you'll like Dark Souls after figuring out how it works. Have you played any of dark souls as the settings are quite diverse, from a massive city reminiscent of ancient Rome, murky cave/catacombs to dense forest. (If you hadn't guessed I love me some Dark Souls)

Also ...who's the fat merchant?
#18kingrat2314Posted 1/30/2013 2:41:15 PM
theshoveller posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...

Or people who don't have the time on their hands to plop down on a game like that. I said this in another thread, but I beat the original TMNT on NES back in the day. While I could probably beat a Souls game if I was hell-bent on it, I'd just rather not bother with it because the time-to-fun ratio would be too low for me to bother with it. I have other stuff that can stress me out if I really want it to. Dying because of a single mistake and losing, say, 45 minutes of progress because of it is not what I find fun. Having it happen once or twice, I can see. Playing a game where it's expected to happen every single time I sit down to play it? I'll pass.

Some people like it, but not me. There's nothing driving me to keep going after that. There's no bad guy who's taunting me to keep moving forward, there's no looming threat pushing me onward, there's no princess that needs saving. There's the end of the level, and to me, that's not enough to trudge along with massive setbacks like that.

It's not expected to happen every time you sit down and play. What is expected to happen is the player learning from their mistake, and adjusting to a better strategy. That's why you never lose progress in Dark Souls. You are supposed to learn something every time.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass. I'm out of gum too. I guess I'll just sit here.
#19The_DarkwalkerPosted 1/30/2013 2:52:03 PM
ZombieAkane posted...
What's wrong with me?

"YOU DIED."
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
#20true_gamer80Posted 1/30/2013 2:59:54 PM(edited)
ZombieAkane posted...
What's wrong with me?

you have a mind of your own unlike alot of ppl here who bashed the exact same game your talking about at its release before it blew up and went on to do a complete 180 once it became popular and now proclaim the game as amazing...the same game alot bashed just like most other lesser known games around here.

Now I know theres ppl that always liked it but I so wish I can find my topic and a few other ppls topics who imported right at its relase, made topics here about it on this very board and of course like usual got the standard bashing and hate simply cause it wasnt well known and popular...I so wish I can get those topics cause I know for a fact denial will be responding to this post saying that wasnt the case when it most def was lol
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08