This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Studio Ghibli wasn't involved, nobody would care about NNK.

#11ManuKesnaPosted 1/30/2013 11:42:14 AM
Lol, i didnt even know who studio Ghibli was before Ni No Kuni so try again
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#12theshovellerPosted 1/30/2013 11:42:17 AM
ratchet1848 posted...
I have no idea who they are, I bought it because of Level-5.

They make movies. They're typically regarded as being good - or at least "good enough" for Disney to test the waters with their Miramax name at first, then stamp their actual Disney brand on them outside of Japan. They made stuff like Howl's Moving Castle, Ponyo, Secret World of Arietty, Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind, etc.

I'd say try renting / watching one of their movies once if you're into anime, or at least "tolerant" of it. Lots of feel-good movies. I personally kinda like Spirited Away.
#13toadiemanPosted 1/30/2013 11:43:18 AM
I don't even know what Studio Ghibli is and I like the game.
---
PSN: toadieman
#14enigma2274Posted 1/30/2013 11:43:21 AM
I bought it because I'm trying to open my horizons. The only JRPGs I've ever played were Star Ocean the Last Hope and Persona 4 Golden. I had never heard of Studio Ghibli because I don't watch anime.
---
Currently playing:EDF 2017, P3P, LBP Vita, Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni
#15matty549Posted 1/30/2013 11:43:48 AM
I won't lie, if it wasn't for the fantastic art... I probably wouldn't give it a chance.
#16RollingCradlePosted 1/30/2013 11:46:37 AM
I've only seen Spirited Away, and it was garbage, so I'm avoiding this game like the plague.
#17Devilman_AmonPosted 1/30/2013 11:48:40 AM
RollingCradle posted...
I've only seen Spirited Away, and it was garbage, so I'm avoiding this game like the plague.

Well you avoid common sense, rational thinking and logic like the plaque so it wouldn't be anything new for you...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#18RollingCradlePosted 1/30/2013 11:54:10 AM
If those things suck as badly as this terrible game, then you're damn right!
#19ThePatrickPosted 1/30/2013 11:54:37 AM
I think some people would still care, but I'm pretty sure way more people care because of Studio Ghibli's involvement, yes.
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#20theshovellerPosted 1/30/2013 11:55:27 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
RollingCradle posted...

Well you avoid common sense, rational thinking and logic like the plaque so it wouldn't be anything new for you...

Hey now, if the guy didn't like a Miyazaki movie, then he probably wouldn't like this game since it has a lot of Miyazaki-esque stuff in it. It's like a guy who hates military movies not even giving a military game a chance - it's kind of a no-brainer. While the chance he could end up liking it is there, it's most likely going to end up being he hates it.