This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people think the ps3 is going to get persona 5?

#1X_ULTIMA_XPosted 1/30/2013 12:29:48 PM
There hasnt been one SMT game on the ps3 after all these years only that game catherine (isnt considered one really anyway) why do people think it will be for the ps3? I honestly think its for the 3ds or wii u
---
Regards, Dolan
R.I.P fungivore 2012-2012
#2jon davisPosted 1/30/2013 12:31:54 PM
X_ULTIMA_X posted...
There hasnt been one SMT game on the ps3 after all these years only that game catherine (isnt considered one really anyway) why do people think it will be for the ps3? I honestly think its for the 3ds or wii u

There havn't been any Persona games since 4 on a console?
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#3Merc123Posted 1/30/2013 1:25:21 PM
Persona 4, the last home console Persona, came to PS2 at the very end of 2008, well after the PS3 had been out, but they still chose PS2. They could have had it on PS3, but chose PS2.

They are probably developing Persona 5 for a while, so if the pattern stays the same, even if next gen consoles come out before P5, they will stick to PS3 and possibly 360 with how they have been going mutliplatform recently.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#4RygonPosted 1/30/2013 3:01:26 PM
For the record there are SMT characters in Catherine so I consider it part of the broad SMT series.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#5Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/30/2013 3:05:23 PM
I thought I read awhile ago that Atlus is working on Persona 5. If thats so, it coming out on PS3 is a good bet.
---
PSN: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#6ORANGE666Posted 1/30/2013 3:31:48 PM
It was because ATLUS couldn't put a budget together to produce a full fledged Persona game. It didn't help that they were bought out by Index who restricted their budget.

Catherine ran on a new engine, Atlus took a lot of risk making that game because of the cost. They most likely will run Persona 5 on that engine, they can't afford to make a new engine when they can use an older one, again Index will point that out to them.

Of course, there is no reason to believe that Persona 5 will be a PS3 exclusive, but the chances are high it will atleast get the game multiplatform. As just about all their fanbase is on Sony systems
#7X_ULTIMA_X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:51:38 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
It was because ATLUS couldn't put a budget together to produce a full fledged Persona game. It didn't help that they were bought out by Index who restricted their budget.

Catherine ran on a new engine, Atlus took a lot of risk making that game because of the cost. They most likely will run Persona 5 on that engine, they can't afford to make a new engine when they can use an older one, again Index will point that out to them.

Of course, there is no reason to believe that Persona 5 will be a PS3 exclusive, but the chances are high it will atleast get the game multiplatform. As just about all their fanbase is on Sony systems

I do hope its for the ps3 but i want atlas to make as much money from it as possible. So i wouldnt mind if it were also on the xbox or wii u
---
Regards, Dolan
R.I.P fungivore 2012-2012
#8Godstriker8Posted 1/30/2013 3:54:23 PM
All persona games first came to PlayStation systems. Catherine was developed by The Persona team, and that arrived on PS3. Therefore common sense dictates that Persona 5 will come to PS3.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#9nouseravailablePosted 1/30/2013 4:01:45 PM(edited)
X_ULTIMA_X posted...

Because the producer said that Catherine helped them to gain knowledge about current gen consoles in order ro produce Persona 5. If we had to pick between 360 and ps3 then ps3 is the obvious choice. I dont doubt that they changed their mind and decided to make a wii-u game tho (imo, the highest possibility is ps3+wii-u). I dont care wich console gets p5, i have a 3ds and ill buy a wii-u soon (Bayo, Dragon Quest, Xeno, Fire Emblem are enough reason). I also think that a ps3, wii-u, 360 game are quite possible...
---
NP: R&C A Crack in Time and Tales of Symphonia.