This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is artorias of the abyss DLC?

#1jubjub360Posted 1/30/2013 1:14:50 PM
Well? How is it?
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#2SpurnerPosted 1/30/2013 1:16:42 PM
It doesn't pull any punches. It started kicking my ass in a matter of seconds.
#3nukedduckPosted 1/30/2013 1:19:23 PM
Spurner posted...

Yea I went in thinking " Ive beaten the main story loads of times, Im gonna own this DLC"

*proceeded to get owned by DLC*
---
PSN ID: radiatedduck
the most wonderful thing about radiatedducks, is IM THE ONLY ONE!!!
#4jubjub360(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:26:31 PM
nukedduck posted...
Spurner posted...

Yea I went in thinking " Ive beaten the main story loads of times, Im gonna own this DLC"

*proceeded to get owned by DLC*

Well how is it content wise? How many bosses are there? How long is it to do everything in it? Is it worthy of the price tag?
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
#5zyrax2301Posted 1/30/2013 1:32:31 PM
It's awesome. The are only four new bosses but the new areas are larger than most areas in the vanilla game, so how long it takes you to finish the DLC really depends on how good you are. I'd say you could get at least 6-8 hours out of your first run, as long as you weren't using an OP character in NG or something.

There are several new NPCs to interact with, lots of loot (including a guaranteed Titanite Slab, Blue Slab and White Slab) and Dark Sorceries. It's definitely worth the price.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#6SpurnerPosted 1/30/2013 1:33:25 PM
I can't speak to the length as I'm still new to it, but based off my experiences with the first boss, I suspect I'll be perfectly satisfied with my purchase (when I'm not putting my fist through the TV, that is).
#7Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 1/30/2013 1:39:22 PM
It's completely worth it. I bought it before I had beaten the game completely and felt it truly added to the experience. New weapons like the Obsidian Great Sword, Gold Tracer, and Gough Bow are truly additive to both co-op and the single player game. The boss battles rank up there with everything from the vanilla game and especially the Black Dragon Kalameet, you won't forget that battle(s) for a long while. It has my favorite NPC as well, Gough is a badass.

Definitely worth it and you are supporting one of the best games to be released this gen.
#8shawnmckPosted 1/30/2013 1:49:26 PM
I personally think its AWESOME !

However, it requires some effort to access.
You actually have to do specific things in order to access it.
#9jubjub360(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:54:50 PM
shawnmck posted...
I personally think its AWESOME !

However, it requires some effort to access.
You actually have to do specific things in order to access it.

SPOILER
So it's not as simple as freeing the oolacile from the amber crystal golum?
---
#10zyrax2301Posted 1/30/2013 1:56:57 PM
Not quite. You need to free her and speak with her at her summon sign, then you need to reach the Duke's Archives and kill a new enemy at the top of the first elevator. Take his drop, and you're ready to go.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.