This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is artorias of the abyss DLC?

#21shawnmckPosted 1/30/2013 2:19:10 PM(edited)
It's not that difficult to access, its just that you need to be made aware of it, so that when you do encounter them then you know whats going on.

It's NOT as simple as going to a specific place and automatically accessing the DLC.

And its totally worth it....just be aware of how to access it, and you're good to go.
Playing from the beginning and knowing how to get to it is fine....
Its just that if you start the game, buy the DLC....beat the game (without having done the requirements) and then you finally find out how to get to the new area (after you've beaten the game) through forums...then it can cause you to be more than a little pissed, because then you will have to play all over gain just to get to it.

But the bosses in the DLC are awesome, imho .....you get another Dragon, and Artorias is a beast. Plus, you can buy his armor from a certain merchant once you've defeated him.

The DLC also gives you more context to the overall story of the game.
#22SigmaHacielPosted 1/30/2013 2:19:35 PM
Its worth being DLC. It actually adds some things that are not only nice, but integrate into the main game.

But, what I wanted more than Artorias was ALL of the missing dialog for nearly every notable thing in the game.

Nearly everyone talked, a lot. Even in battle.

Hell, there are actual lines of dialog from the knight who saves you in the beginning of Dark Souls that imply that he is present at the very end of the game.
#23shawnmckPosted 1/30/2013 2:20:27 PM
BTW
The DLC was originally supposed to be in the main game, but they were running out of time and wanted to get the game out. This content wasn't finished yet, so they decided to just leave it out.
After the game launched, the Developers continued to develop the extra content.
#24SpurnerPosted 1/30/2013 4:10:16 PM
Is any more dlc planned, or have all resources been turned towards the sequel?
#25jubjub360(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:18:12 PM
Spurner posted...
Is any more dlc planned, or have all resources been turned towards the sequel?

This.

Oh on a side note: I ended up talking to a recruiter and taking a practice ASVAB. I got a 65 on it. :D
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#26jubjub360(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:10:24 PM
Ok before I buy this, is there anything you guys recommend besides AotA? Games wise.
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#27shawnmckPosted 1/31/2013 11:42:40 AM(edited)
There is no more DLC planned.
All their effort is going towards developing the sequel (Dark Souls 2).

And it is my guess, that it will be a next-gen title.
The reasons why I think that DS2 will be a next-gen title is because all the game journalists who have seen it all say that the graphics are a huge leap.
To me, this is an indication that it is being developed on next gen hardware.
Plus, the Director already stated that it is extremely doubtful that the game will be out in late 2013, but will more likely be released some time in 2014 (when the next gen consoles come out).

^ But that's just my guess, and it could end up being released for this gens consoles (or both).

And if I could recommend another game, then it would be Dragon's Dogma....but there really isn't any point in getting it right now, since Capcom is re-releasing the game with significant extra content in April....and which will retail for $40 bucks.
So might as well wait for then to pick it up.

Other than that, I am hesitant to recommend anything else without knowing what your gaming preferences are.
But Dragon's Dogma is a bit like a mix of Dark Souls, mixed with Dragon Age 2 & Skyrim.
You have combat similar (but not exactly like) Dark Souls, a party system like Dragon Age 2, and open world like Skyrim.....its good, but a bit different.

But if you are enjoying Dark Souls, then I would highly recommend the AotA DLC.
Its another good sized area, new bosses (4), new enemies, new armor & weapons, and adds to the story.