This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is Mass Effect 1?

#1EternalNetherPosted 1/30/2013 4:42:37 PM
The series is one of my favorite this generation, but I only played Mass Effect 1 on my 360 (2 and 3 on my PS3) and when I played through Mass Effect 3, it left something to be desired. The game itself was god-tier in my eyes, but there were quite a few issues with slowdown and glitchy character animations. And load times were atrocious (at least in 2).

I'm wondering how Mass Effect 1 plays on the PS3. Any bugs, glitches, slowdown, etc?
#2OaklandRaiderzPosted 1/30/2013 4:43:25 PM
better than 3 worse than 2
---
wat
#3zyrax2301Posted 1/30/2013 4:44:51 PM
Boring. It has the best story but the gameplay is the worst.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#4UniversquallPosted 1/30/2013 4:45:08 PM
It's the same poorly made game it always was.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#5RomanBlade00Posted 1/30/2013 4:46:39 PM
I bought this game but have yet to play it or any games from the serie even though I own all three. From what I've read there are a ton of people that love it or hate it, sort of like Shenmue. I personally loved Shenmue, but will I love Mass Effect? Don't know.
---
PSN: romanblade86
#6UniversquallPosted 1/30/2013 4:47:22 PM
Shenmue is great. Mass Effect is not.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#7EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:50:53 PM
I see the usual low-life troll patrol is in full swing tonight.

Guess what? I wasn't asking you about the story. I wasn't asking about the game mechanics. I wasn't asking for a review of the game. And I certainly wasn't asking for your opinion on where it ranks among other games in the series, or unrelated games like Shenmue. I appreciate the lack of reading skills here. It makes me feel better about myself.

That said, thanks to the people that were actually able to read my rather short post and answer my question. It's something that even a child should understand, yet some people on this board shockingly can't.
#8UniversquallPosted 1/30/2013 4:51:57 PM
No problem TC
---
#9WantedOutlawPosted 1/30/2013 5:03:42 PM
Universquall posted...
Shenmue is great. Mass Effect is not.

LOL No. Shenmue is garbage. Dumbest game I bought for Dreamcast. I cringe every time I think back to the boring ass forklift driving in that piece of s*** game.
#10Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 1/30/2013 5:32:34 PM
I was trapped in my job in Shenmue. And I was trapped in my job in real life. Still on Saturday and Sunday I could hit the arcade and play my Saturn so in some ways my life in Shenmue was slightly better at the time.