This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is Mass Effect 1?

#11Devilman_AmonPosted 1/30/2013 5:35:37 PM
WantedOutlaw posted...
Universquall posted...
Shenmue is great. Mass Effect is not.

LOL No. Shenmue is garbage. Dumbest game I bought for Dreamcast. I cringe every time I think back to the boring ass forklift driving in that piece of s*** game.

nope you just suck. Shenmue is great and everyone knows that.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#12RomanBlade00Posted 1/30/2013 5:37:38 PM
This topic is now about Shenmue. Yeah, I loved Shenmue and was totally immersed in it like no other game I've played before. I can see why people may not like it if they're not into Japanese culture. I really hope they release a HD version this year.
---
PSN: romanblade86
#13Zax77Posted 1/30/2013 5:47:26 PM
Wtf is with the serious amount of trolling tonight

Yes the game runs extremely well if not better than 3, because of edge the import was pretty great. I bought it and couldn't be more pleased with the money spent. Would highly suggest the purchase and I had very few issues with the game itself. Only issues was on X57 asteroid the main guy who you talk to dissapears and I want to say maybe 2 more times this happened to me during the entire game. That's really about it, enjoy bra
---
Got bored and built my game collection, check it out bra's because I have nothing clever for a Sig
#14Teepo64Posted 1/30/2013 5:49:20 PM
Its fine.

I just don't like the fact I'm stuck firing with the R2 button and aiming with the L2 button when I should be doing it with the R1 and the L1 respectively.
---
"If I kept it any more real, physics as we know it, would cease to remain the same."
#15Zax77Posted 1/30/2013 5:51:44 PM
Teepo64 posted...
Its fine.

I just don't like the fact I'm stuck firing with the R2 button and aiming with the L2 button when I should be doing it with the R1 and the L1 respectively.

You can change that in controller options, come on man you couldn't figure that out?
---
Got bored and built my game collection, check it out bra's because I have nothing clever for a Sig
#16RygonPosted 1/30/2013 5:55:24 PM
Gameplay is much weaker than the follow ups. Aiming and shooting is numbers based and the cover doesn't work very well. Not just because it's difficult to attach to cover but enemies will just charge your location, like five of them, and there aren't really good close range options to use when you find yourself in that situation.

The scale and world building is superb. The characters are great, and one of the better ones is only on the squad in that first game. When you first play it before the rest of the series, you will feel you are making some very important decisions but unfortunately they canonized your choices and only one has a real impact.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#17delfrickintreePosted 1/30/2013 5:59:00 PM
Rygon posted...
Gameplay is much weaker than the follow ups. Aiming and shooting is numbers based and the cover doesn't work very well. Not just because it's difficult to attach to cover but enemies will just charge your location, like five of them, and there aren't really good close range options to use when you find yourself in that situation.

The scale and world building is superb. The characters are great, and one of the better ones is only on the squad in that first game. When you first play it before the rest of the series, you will feel you are making some very important decisions but unfortunately they canonized your choices and only one has a real impact.

I have to agree with this, Shenmue was a great first game in the series.
#18Teepo64Posted 1/30/2013 6:00:22 PM
Zax77 posted...
Teepo64 posted...
Its fine.

You can change that in controller options, come on man you couldn't figure that out?

Yeah, I've already checked that. It's not the same as changing it to the same controls as Mass Effect 2 and 3.

Btw, anyone could figure that out.
---
"If I kept it any more real, physics as we know it, would cease to remain the same."
#19KaliestoPosted 1/30/2013 6:04:16 PM
I'm starting to think the weeabos don't like anything that has a western influence to it.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#20hockeybub89Posted 1/30/2013 6:13:44 PM
It has the best written plot and it's got the most RPG elements, but ME1 is still lagging behind the other two because it has the worst gameplay and other stuff. The environmenta are bland and copypasted for the most part. Gunplay is slow and clunky. Powers take an eternity to recharge. Squad and inventory management is neat, but when you get 25 new items every battle, it starts getting tedious. Melee not having its own button can lead to you punching when you want to be shooting. On the PS3 version, Select being your grenade button and only being able to quickselect one power is counterintuitive. I still love the game though.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica