This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ever bought a game you couldn't be bothered to play?

#1PJB-11Posted 1/30/2013 5:13:07 PM
Topic. I am about 2 hours each into Fallout: New Vegas and LittleBigPlanet 2 and I have lost all interest in both games already. The online community for LBP2 is abysmal and the bugs in FNV make the game practically unplayable.

I feel irritated at shelling out about 40 for games I was looking forward to playing, only to lose all interest in them. Not to mention a couple of used, cheap games that looked good but I just don't care to pick up any more. There's nothing coming out in the coming months that really interests me.

Perhaps I'm just getting old... (Note I am not old. I'm 20.)
Anybody else losing their enthusiasm for gaming lately?
---
Now Playing: ZOE HD, Okami.
#2BeknessPosted 1/30/2013 5:19:07 PM
Well since this topic of "do games just suck or am I getting older" has come up a few times lately, I'm gonna say no you're not alone.

But it could just be you're not interested in those games tbqh

And to answer the original question, yes.
---
With each passing minute the one that I love is slipping away from me. Before I know it I'm losing you.
#3enigma2274Posted 1/30/2013 5:19:41 PM
Fallout New Vegas was it for me too. I bought the game, couldn't get into it, traded it, bought it again later and still couldn't get into it; traded it again.
---
Currently playing:EDF 2017, P3P, LBP Vita, Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni
#4PJB-11(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:21:06 PM
It's a pain because I loved the original release on PC. Bought the Ultimate Edition for PS3 and it's just awful in comparison.

And previous poster is correct; in retrospect I remember several similar topics about the same subject.
---
Now Playing: ZOE HD, Okami.
#5arstosPosted 1/30/2013 5:21:33 PM
i got little big planet from the welcome back deal and played it for a few hours, no intention of going back. i also have fallout 3, dragon age and elder scrolls oblivion that i played once for a few hours, but i do intend to get back to them at some point.
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, CS:GO, UTIII
#6RobThePaladinPosted 1/30/2013 5:21:34 PM
Darksiders 2. Really really meh. Very few abilities to use and the lore just does not immerse me at all. Very stale other games do this better.
---
Paladin.
#7ryouma17Posted 1/30/2013 5:22:53 PM
i bought valkyria chronicles first day it came out, went home layed it on my desk then ended up doing something and forgot i owned the game for like 6 months when i seen it sitting there so i popped it in and its been 1 of my top PS3 games ever since
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#8JuanZoloPosted 1/30/2013 5:30:39 PM
enigma2274 posted...
Fallout New Vegas was it for me too. I bought the game, couldn't get into it, traded it, bought it again later and still couldn't get into it; traded it again.

Exactly this. Weird.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#9DocDeliciousPosted 1/30/2013 5:38:29 PM
Record of Agarest War 2. Loved the first game. Literally can't play the second because it runs so poorly. It rarely gets above 15fps and has constant 30sec-1min freezes between actions in-game and dialogue during cutscenes.

There was also God of War and Darksiders in the past couple years. I bought the first game in each series (first two in GoW actually) and they are just terrible. All-around awful games.

There have been plenty over the years, besides those, though.
---
Ni No Kuni, Vanquish, DmC, Sound Shapes, Disgaea 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU
PSN: DocDelicious
#10BeknessPosted 1/30/2013 5:42:52 PM
PJB-11 posted...
It's a pain because I loved the original release on PC. Bought the Ultimate Edition for PS3 and it's just awful in comparison.

And previous poster is correct; in retrospect I remember several similar topics about the same subject.

Why did you buy the PS3 version when you already have the PC version? I'm usually the opposite XD
---
With each passing minute the one that I love is slipping away from me. Before I know it I'm losing you.