This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ever bought a game you couldn't be bothered to play?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Ever bought a game you couldn't be bothered to play?

User Info: PJB-11

PJB-11
4 years ago#1
Topic. I am about 2 hours each into Fallout: New Vegas and LittleBigPlanet 2 and I have lost all interest in both games already. The online community for LBP2 is abysmal and the bugs in FNV make the game practically unplayable.

I feel irritated at shelling out about 40 for games I was looking forward to playing, only to lose all interest in them. Not to mention a couple of used, cheap games that looked good but I just don't care to pick up any more. There's nothing coming out in the coming months that really interests me.

Perhaps I'm just getting old... (Note I am not old. I'm 20.)
Anybody else losing their enthusiasm for gaming lately?
Now Playing: ZOE HD, Okami.

User Info: Bekness

Bekness
4 years ago#2
Well since this topic of "do games just suck or am I getting older" has come up a few times lately, I'm gonna say no you're not alone.

But it could just be you're not interested in those games tbqh

And to answer the original question, yes.
With each passing minute the one that I love is slipping away from me. Before I know it I'm losing you.

User Info: enigma2274

enigma2274
4 years ago#3
Fallout New Vegas was it for me too. I bought the game, couldn't get into it, traded it, bought it again later and still couldn't get into it; traded it again.
Currently playing:EDF 2017, P3P, LBP Vita, Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni

User Info: PJB-11

PJB-11
4 years ago#4
It's a pain because I loved the original release on PC. Bought the Ultimate Edition for PS3 and it's just awful in comparison.

And previous poster is correct; in retrospect I remember several similar topics about the same subject.
Now Playing: ZOE HD, Okami.

User Info: arstos

arstos
4 years ago#5
i got little big planet from the welcome back deal and played it for a few hours, no intention of going back. i also have fallout 3, dragon age and elder scrolls oblivion that i played once for a few hours, but i do intend to get back to them at some point.
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, CS:GO, UTIII

User Info: RobThePaladin

RobThePaladin
4 years ago#6
Darksiders 2. Really really meh. Very few abilities to use and the lore just does not immerse me at all. Very stale other games do this better.
Paladin.

User Info: ryouma17

ryouma17
4 years ago#7
i bought valkyria chronicles first day it came out, went home layed it on my desk then ended up doing something and forgot i owned the game for like 6 months when i seen it sitting there so i popped it in and its been 1 of my top PS3 games ever since
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011

User Info: JuanZolo

JuanZolo
4 years ago#8
enigma2274 posted...
Fallout New Vegas was it for me too. I bought the game, couldn't get into it, traded it, bought it again later and still couldn't get into it; traded it again.

Exactly this. Weird.
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.

User Info: DocDelicious

DocDelicious
4 years ago#9
Record of Agarest War 2. Loved the first game. Literally can't play the second because it runs so poorly. It rarely gets above 15fps and has constant 30sec-1min freezes between actions in-game and dialogue during cutscenes.

There was also God of War and Darksiders in the past couple years. I bought the first game in each series (first two in GoW actually) and they are just terrible. All-around awful games.

There have been plenty over the years, besides those, though.
Ni No Kuni, Vanquish, DmC, Sound Shapes, Disgaea 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU
PSN: DocDelicious

User Info: Bekness

Bekness
4 years ago#10
PJB-11 posted...
It's a pain because I loved the original release on PC. Bought the Ultimate Edition for PS3 and it's just awful in comparison.

And previous poster is correct; in retrospect I remember several similar topics about the same subject.

Why did you buy the PS3 version when you already have the PC version? I'm usually the opposite XD
With each passing minute the one that I love is slipping away from me. Before I know it I'm losing you.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Ever bought a game you couldn't be bothered to play?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived