This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My backlog keeps getting bigger...

#1Zartic4lifePosted 1/30/2013 6:26:47 PM
and I can't stop. I'm getting burned out from gaming so I don't have enough interest in playing them, though I still have enough interest in browsing gaming boards and buying games.

I told myself not to buy anymore games until I feel like playing them, but I cant just ignore this hobby altogether. I just finished Walking Dead and absolutely loved it but I just don't have the motivation to play anything else.

Does this happen to you? And if so, how often?
---
Trolls 4 life!
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5396/photo26b.jpg
#2BeknessPosted 1/30/2013 6:32:08 PM
Yes, it happens to me. Though I'm not burnt out on games, I just don't have enough time to play them and I spend too much time discussing them or looking for more games than actually playing them.

And how often? All the time. My problem started in September 2011
---
With each passing minute the one that I love is slipping away from me. Before I know it I'm losing you.
#3cancerboy87Posted 1/30/2013 6:36:54 PM
it helps to have other hobbies to take breaks from gaming, that usually will reinvigorate your interest somewhat since you arent doing it all the time.

Personally, exercising, watching movies, reading, and such are great activities that really mix up my routine
---
"Naruto isn't a ninja. He is a mage, why do you think he is able to do all those spells."-StupidMofoz
PSN: MrsCliffton
#4BeknessPosted 1/30/2013 6:38:48 PM
cancerboy87 posted...
it helps to have other hobbies to take breaks from gaming, that usually will reinvigorate your interest somewhat since you arent doing it all the time.

Personally, exercising, watching movies, reading, and such are great activities that really mix up my routine

That stuff doesn't really help me. Exercise only takes up a certain amount of time. I've never enjoyed reading, I barely watch movies. All my other hobbies are expensive. >_>
And even if I don't buy games I end up buying games merchandise off the internet, shirts, plushies, mugs etc.
---
With each passing minute the one that I love is slipping away from me. Before I know it I'm losing you.
#5JRS511Posted 1/30/2013 6:41:16 PM
Yea I have had that problem this generation. My goal this year is to focus on my backlog and not buy any games(with the exception of 3 games). Work on clearing out my games I got and then start buying again.

I need to save money anyway. I have actually been into more classic games lately anyway. Playing through Syphon Filter as we speak.
---
"Nothing can heal you when everything burns"
#6huyiPosted 1/30/2013 6:57:35 PM
join the club, i hate my backlog. :(
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#7BLAZE_92XPosted 1/30/2013 7:23:43 PM
Lol got 13 games on back log plus at least a dozen more on my hard drive.

Currently playing R&C crack in time, Fallout 3 GOTY Edition, Darksiders, and countless other PSN games.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BLAZE_92X.png