This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Nier a good JRPG?

#11Red_JesterPosted 1/30/2013 6:22:00 PM
It's definitely an action RPG. I would say that "action-adventure with RPG elements" is a fair description.

This could be more of a bad thing for you, but: I don't like JRPGs at all, but I still loved Nier.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#12shadowcat2164Posted 1/30/2013 6:32:55 PM
Nier is an amazing game I platinumed it^^. I has good solid combat and a very interesting story and a bunch of characters you really grow yo love. The game has 4 different endings and the 4th ending is truly inspiring. lol just a warning tho if you get the game and go for ending d make sure you have done everything possible in the game before watching it cuz the ending will delete all of your save files and your characters progress and data. It makes sense and adds to the ending when ya see it just make sure your completely ready to see the epic ending^^
#13Paul NelsonPosted 1/30/2013 6:34:38 PM
It's one of my favorite games this gen. It isn't turn based, it is an action RPG. The graphics aren't very good, but that didn't bother me at all. The story and music are excellent. A lot of people say the the gameplay is too simple, but I thought it was pretty good. The main downfall of the game are the sidequests. They are all pretty much "go get this and bring it to me", some of which can be very time consuming. Having said that, I still did all of them.
#14zyrax2301Posted 1/30/2013 6:35:57 PM
shadowcat2164 posted...
Nier is an amazing game I platinumed it

I got a good way into that before I realised I'd have to farm flowers for a week >_<

F*** that.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#15toadiemanPosted 1/30/2013 6:42:19 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
shadowcat2164 posted...
Nier is an amazing game I platinumed it

I got a good way into that before I realised I'd have to farm flowers for a week >_<

F*** that.

Just change your ps3 clock and day forward.
---
PSN: toadieman