This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

News regarding Yakuza 5 & Yakuza 1/2 HD localization

#1nekrothingPosted 1/30/2013 6:48:33 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/yakuza-5-and-yakuza-hd-collection-western-localization-discussed-by-sega

"I worked on Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza: Dead Souls here at SEGA of America, so I hear you on it feeling a little strange to not have one releasing this March. Right now the best thing that can be done is to help spread the word on the series tell your friends or others you think might enjoy them, and have them grab a copy of Y4 or Dead Souls.

No news of any announcements, but thanks in advance to yourself (and all the Yakuza fans) who are still pushing hard to support the series here. Its great to see that dedication."
#2qwertyMrJINXPosted 1/30/2013 6:50:40 PM
That's a bit troubling :/
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#3nekrothing(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:54:57 PM
qwertyMrJINX posted...
That's a bit troubling :/

No kidding, especially since Yakuza 5 was supposed to be the biggest and best one yet. Yakuza 1/2 HD I'm not too worried about, since you can play it in HD on PCSX2.
#4Thor61Posted 1/30/2013 6:56:07 PM
classic sega
#5nekrothing(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:02:17 PM
Thor61 posted...
classic sega

Wonder if they'll allow Xseed to translate Yakuza 5? They're pretty good when it comes to translating Japanese games when no one else wants to.
#6cyberkyberPosted 1/30/2013 7:08:27 PM
I've done my part it's not my fault my friends don't like it
#7bloodcoastPosted 1/30/2013 7:17:37 PM
It might just be too early to say anything, since it usually takes about a year for the localization work to be done, and both those games only came out last November/December.
#8nclrwntrPosted 1/30/2013 7:42:51 PM
I've done my part. I've bought Yakuza 1,2,3,4 day 1.
#9nekrothing(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:53:51 PM
bloodcoast posted...
It might just be too early to say anything, since it usually takes about a year for the localization work to be done, and both those games only came out last November/December.

SEGA downsized recently though, and from what I hear it affected the offices responsible for translating and localizing Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4 and Dead Souls. There's a distinct possibility that we might not get Yakuza 5.
#10cyberkyberPosted 1/30/2013 8:20:26 PM
nekrothing posted...
bloodcoast posted...

SEGA downsized recently though, and from what I hear it affected the offices responsible for translating and localizing Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4 and Dead Souls. There's a distinct possibility that we might not get Yakuza 5.

are you sure? didnt they buy something from the THQ bankruptcy