This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why doesn't Sony make struggling games free to play?

#21ZephyrSSX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:23:28 PM
Universquall posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...
Universquall posted...
How will you ignore yourself?

What? I'm trying to think positive about how some games can get some life put back in them.

You are being negative to people that disagree with you. It'll probably end up on + eventually. Warhawk did.
But free to play...No.

The only reason I'm being an ass to him is because I've seen his crap on these boards for like 4 years and it's gotten old. He and that spinchter guy or however you spelled his name and a few others ruined this board a long time ago. I couldn't give a crap what he thinks, honestly, which is why I've ignored him.
---
Where most strive and train to get it right, I will relentlessly train so I never get it wrong.
#22UniversquallPosted 1/30/2013 8:25:37 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
The only reason I'm being an ass to him is because I've seen his crap on these boards for like 4 years and it's gotten old. He and that spinchter guy or however you spelled his name and a few others ruined this board a long time ago. I couldn't give a crap what he thinks, honestly, which is why I've ignored him.

I've clashed with him a lot too. There's a chance he sent one of the hitmen after me. But I wouldn't go as far as you have. And it's not like he came in here with no valid points.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#23ZephyrSSX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:27:35 PM
Bekness posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...
killak posted...
Are you trying to anger those that actually paid for it, by giving it away shortly after, and potentially filling the servers with teamkillers and trolls?

Where did I say to give away the game shortly after it was released?

Oh, it's killak. No wonder you're posting stupid crap.

How is that stupid? What? You expect us to think your genius idea is to give away games no one wanted when they were fresh outta the box? (see what I did there, Killak?) No one wanted them then, let's give them to them now when they're even more washed up.

Many good or decent games fail because of the other games they're against and how a lot of people just don't feel like paying 60 dollars for every game.

I mean do you even pay attention to games like MMO's? They bomb hard in subscriptions but as soon as they go F2P their userbase shoots up.

Now, console games aren't MMO's but the same thought applies. People are willing to try things when they don't have to pay for it. It isn't going to kill a company like Sony to say... do a poll based on 5 underperforming games of the last year and offer the winner for free for half a year or even a few months, then cycle a new one in based on another poll.
---
Where most strive and train to get it right, I will relentlessly train so I never get it wrong.
#24ZephyrSSX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:28:53 PM
wallball5 posted...
If it was free, how do they afford maintenance?

If they refuse to kill the servers to games like MAG and SOCOM that's not really an argument.
---
#25killakPosted 1/30/2013 8:29:42 PM
Well if i'm ignored, i'm off to play Ni No Kuni.

Woe is me
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me (At EB Games): No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*
#26BeknessPosted 1/30/2013 8:31:03 PM
Universquall posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...

I've clashed with him a lot too. There's a chance he sent one of the hitmen after me. But I wouldn't go as far as you have. And it's not like he came in here with no valid points.

*knock knock* It's your hitman. Meet your doom.
*pulls out broken weapon* Damn, they really should give these away they're so bad.
---
With each passing minute the one that I love is slipping away from me. Before I know it I'm losing you.
#27BeknessPosted 1/30/2013 8:31:28 PM
killak posted...
Well if i'm ignored, i'm off to play Ni No Kuni.

Woe is me

They're watching you right now. There's a mindf*** for ya
---
With each passing minute the one that I love is slipping away from me. Before I know it I'm losing you.
#28KoroshiyaZeroPosted 1/31/2013 1:57:58 AM
I understand where your coming from, but it just isn't a viable business model. Do a simple cost/benefit analysis from Sony's perspective. It simply doesn't make sense for them to do this with a game like this. Unless there was a decent amount of DLC, microtransactions, or some other source of revenue like ads it would put them in a worse off position.

It's weird to see someone anti-killak, I consider him a pretty reasonable veteran of the boards.