This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Reason as to why JRPGs are in their current state

#41EurAsianGirl(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:15:55 PM
xKYSx posted...
as an avid JRPG fan. this gen hasn't had quite alot of decent titles throughout the years. Though NNK sucks. it's overrated. no offense I rather play star ocean 4 with the horribad dub over NNK.

What's so bad about NNK exactly? Not trying to troll, just curious as I have yet to play it but from what I've seen and heard its shaping up to being one of the better JRPGS released this gen.
---
JRPG lover and not ashamed of it
Avid fan of the Grandia and Lunar series.
#42OmegaPosted 1/30/2013 10:16:41 PM
xKYSx posted...
as an avid JRPG fan. this gen hasn't had quite alot of decent titles throughout the years. Though NNK sucks. it's overrated. no offense I rather play star ocean 4 with the horribad dub over NNK.

The Japanese VO in that game sucked just as much as the English dub.

NNK doesn't look like a terrible game, but it isn't anything I plan to run out and buy. It's made by Level 5, right? I've never been a fan of their games.
---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#43PHEEliNUXPosted 1/30/2013 10:17:53 PM
Cave Story is the best platformer out there
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#44EurAsianGirl(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:19:05 PM
Omega posted...
xKYSx posted...

NNK doesn't look like a terrible game, but it isn't anything I plan to run out and buy. It's made by Level 5, right? I've never been a fan of their games.

You too huh? I thought something was wrong with me cause of the fact that I thought Dragon Quest VIII was bland. :/ It wasn't so much the outdated battle system, just the characters and story felt very 1 dimensional to me.
---
#45RPGspleasePosted 1/30/2013 10:20:33 PM
!f sucks? Are u kidding me. Spectral souls series is amazing.
---
"Some of this is garbage, most is handheld, and most isn't even in ENGLISH. " Phaseslaethe on Japan's mediacreate numbers
#46OmegaPosted 1/30/2013 10:23:07 PM
EurAsianGirl posted...
Omega posted...
xKYSx posted...

You too huh? I thought something was wrong with me cause of the fact that I thought Dragon Quest VIII was bland. :/ It wasn't so much the outdated battle system, just the characters and story felt very 1 dimensional to me.

I was spoiled because of games like FFX, FFX-2, and the Xenosaga trilogy. Fast, flashy, and fun battle systems set the bar pretty high for turn-based RPGs. I still enjoy older titles from the SNES and PSX, but games like DQ8 are just not enjoyable, no matter how pretty.
---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#47Godly_GoofPosted 1/30/2013 10:24:24 PM
I'm beginning to think this is just another ignorant troll who thinks that their opinion = fact and won't hear otherwise :/

Oh well I stopped caring after saying the Arland Series was "moe-bait" and spitting in the face of Mel Kishida and the writers for the Arland series.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#48xKYSxPosted 1/30/2013 10:29:42 PM
EurAsianGirl posted...
xKYSx posted...

What's so bad about NNK exactly? Not trying to troll, just curious as I have yet to play it but from what I've seen and heard its shaping up to being one of the better JRPGS released this gen.

played it for a couple days, just didn't like how the game went out as a plot though it might be because i'm into those type of JRPG games that fall under the slow at beginning and the plot gets picked up as you go onward. Trust me there's been times where it got too cliche that I end up dropping the game for couple months lol.

though I might give the game another try later when I feel like it but honestly I felt like it was over hyped before release date.

As for DQ I do want that DQ monsters for the 3DS that japan has couple months ago I dunno why just like the DQ monster series over the actual DQ series lol.
---
360 GT & PSN = xKYSx.
#49EurAsianGirl(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:32:45 PM
Godly_Goof posted...
I'm beginning to think this is just another ignorant troll who thinks that their opinion = fact and won't hear otherwise :/

Oh well I stopped caring after saying the Arland Series was "moe-bait" and spitting in the face of Mel Kishida and the writers for the Arland series.

I haven't played any of the Arland games extensively but hey, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.
---
#50arcblazePosted 1/31/2013 12:26:12 AM
NISA was created to bring over NIS games and because NIS has a good relationship with Gust, CH, and IF they been able to bring more games over. Furthermore NISA probably does not have a lot of freedom in what it localizes considering most everything they do goes through NIS. Also remember they localizes not program so if the game maker doesn't have the time to do the programming because they are working on the next game how does the job get done.
---
PSN:arcblaze