This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With nintendo being out nearly 100 million dollars on Wii-U is it smart for Sony

#1SophisticationPosted 1/30/2013 11:46:09 PM(edited)
To press the issue with PS4? Nintendo is expected to post losses in Q2 of nearly 347 million dollars... They are losing 21 bucks a pop on each wii-u sold on top of it. Not a lot, to be sure, but it's adding up and those idiotic tablets aren't helping...

I guess, if any good could come of those stupid tablets, it's that Sony looks to them as what not to do for us...

Any thoughts or suggestions on my awesome, savvy, sophisticated and soon to be, as all my other topics are, smash hit success topic?

http://www.examiner.com/article/nintendo-loses-almost-21-for-every-wii-u-sold
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#2TheZedWordsPosted 1/30/2013 11:47:36 PM
Aaaand how many years did it take for the PS3 to become profitable? Console launches are like this.
#3Still__RippinPosted 1/30/2013 11:48:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 11:49:11 PM
TheZedWords posted...
Aaaand how many years did it take for the PS3 to become profitable? Console launches are like this.

That's the point... Is it worth it for Sony to press the issue here? That's the topic... Me, I'd be glad to pay 600, even 700 for the Ps4 if it was capable -- I want it powerful and I can afford it. But not everyone can. I am a small demograph and I don't think my demograph can save Sony's bottom line... this is why I fear we will get a watered down next-gen.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
#5UniversquallPosted 1/30/2013 11:50:15 PM
They wouldn't be the same thing. It wouldn't be the same price as the Wii U. And it wouldn't be PS3 gen.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#6Thermador446Posted 1/30/2013 11:52:02 PM
Uhhh, is this a real question?

It's not like Nintendo is gonna spring another console out of nowhere that competes with the PS3.
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#7TheZedWordsPosted 1/30/2013 11:52:44 PM
Sophistication posted...
TheZedWords posted...

That's the point... Is it worth it for Sony to press the issue here? That's the topic... Me, I'd be glad to pay 600, even 700 for the Ps4 if it was capable -- I want it powerful and I can afford it. But not everyone can. I am a small demograph and I don't think my demograph can save Sony's bottom line... this is why I fear we will get a watered down next-gen.

A PS4 with a price point over $400 dollars will be a tough sell, especially given all the rumors that show it being a much smaller gap between the three new consoles. This is diminishing returns territory and most people won't pay that much for a console.
#8Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 11:54:24 PM
TheZedWords posted...
Sophistication posted...
TheZedWords posted...

A PS4 with a price point over $400 dollars will be a tough sell, especially given all the rumors that show it being a much smaller gap between the three new consoles. This is diminishing returns territory and most people won't pay that much for a console.

That's what I'm afraid of... Cheap wads ruining next gen for everyone. Gamer's who pinch their quarters so damn tight the Eagle screams.
---
#9UniversquallPosted 1/30/2013 11:56:09 PM
Thermador446 posted...
Uhhh, is this a real question?

It's not like Nintendo is gonna spring another console out of nowhere that competes with the PS3.

PS4. And Nintendo plan to. In about 2016 when they abandon this gen.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#10Manilo_PunishPosted 1/30/2013 11:57:52 PM
Sophistication posted...
TheZedWords posted...
Sophistication posted...
TheZedWords posted...

That's what I'm afraid of... Cheap wads ruining next gen for everyone. Gamer's who pinch their quarters so damn tight the Eagle screams.

Not really sure why you care. You are the grumpiest person on gfax I have ever seen. If anything, it will just give you more ammo for useless moaning topics.
---
The Punish.