This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With nintendo being out nearly 100 million dollars on Wii-U is it smart for Sony

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. With nintendo being out nearly 100 million dollars on Wii-U is it smart for Sony
4 years ago#21
Well, good luck to you. I hope you find some way to relieve your disappointment come June.
4 years ago#22
TheZedWords posted...
Well, good luck to you. I hope you find some way to relieve your disappointment come June.

As do I hope you as well... PS4's ram and specs will cripple Wii-pee-U's specs into the ground. Why, ask yourself this, why would Sony release a system that is comparable to the wii-pee-u when they already have on on the market called Ps3? They wouldn't and neither would Microsoft.

Accept that Ps4 and Nbox are going to be more powerful and capable.
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
4 years ago#23
TheZedWords posted...
Temper your dreams with reality my friends. I will assuredly be purchasing Sony's next console, I'm just not deluding myself into expecting near PC levels of graphical fidelity.

I doubt the Playstation brand would survive another 6 years of non-profitability.

We all know PS4 isn't going to be bleeding out cutting edge PC's this year -- I've accepted that. But it'll certainly rectum stomp the Ps3 and xbox 360, which is already giving the Wii-U a run for its money on 95% of the ported games...

How's that burn feelin'? Need some Lanacane spray?

It depends.

If the rumor of the GPU being based off the 7970m (wishful thinking IMO) are true, for a dedicated gaming machine, that's impressive.
If my old 480GTX can max just about anything thrown at it at 1080p/60FPS, surely a dedicated gaming machine could match that. Few
PC games currently utilize more than 2 cores, if you're lucky. I'd say, if console devs actually utilize the hardware at the fullest, the gap narrows.
"The key to happiness is disinterest mingled with mild contempt."
Better living through apathy. If you're into that sort of thing.
4 years ago#24
Aaaand how many years did it take for the PS3 to become profitable? Console launches are like this.

There's a big difference. PS3 was costly to make (something like $1000).
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
January 2013 - PS3: NNK:WWW | WiiU: *tumbleweeds*
4 years ago#25
I like video games.
wP/RawkHawk
PSN - rokkenwithdokken
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. With nintendo being out nearly 100 million dollars on Wii-U is it smart for Sony

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived