This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With nintendo being out nearly 100 million dollars on Wii-U is it smart for Sony

#21TheZedWordsPosted 1/31/2013 12:36:51 AM
Well, good luck to you. I hope you find some way to relieve your disappointment come June.
#22Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:38:56 AM
TheZedWords posted...
Well, good luck to you. I hope you find some way to relieve your disappointment come June.

As do I hope you as well... PS4's ram and specs will cripple Wii-pee-U's specs into the ground. Why, ask yourself this, why would Sony release a system that is comparable to the wii-pee-u when they already have on on the market called Ps3? They wouldn't and neither would Microsoft.

Accept that Ps4 and Nbox are going to be more powerful and capable.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#23midgarPosted 1/31/2013 12:41:16 AM
TheZedWords posted...
Temper your dreams with reality my friends. I will assuredly be purchasing Sony's next console, I'm just not deluding myself into expecting near PC levels of graphical fidelity.

I doubt the Playstation brand would survive another 6 years of non-profitability.

We all know PS4 isn't going to be bleeding out cutting edge PC's this year -- I've accepted that. But it'll certainly rectum stomp the Ps3 and xbox 360, which is already giving the Wii-U a run for its money on 95% of the ported games...

How's that burn feelin'? Need some Lanacane spray?

It depends.

If the rumor of the GPU being based off the 7970m (wishful thinking IMO) are true, for a dedicated gaming machine, that's impressive.
If my old 480GTX can max just about anything thrown at it at 1080p/60FPS, surely a dedicated gaming machine could match that. Few
PC games currently utilize more than 2 cores, if you're lucky. I'd say, if console devs actually utilize the hardware at the fullest, the gap narrows.
---
"The key to happiness is disinterest mingled with mild contempt."
Better living through apathy. If you're into that sort of thing.
#24LuminescentRulePosted 1/31/2013 1:04:31 AM
Aaaand how many years did it take for the PS3 to become profitable? Console launches are like this.

There's a big difference. PS3 was costly to make (something like $1000).
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
January 2013 - PS3: NNK:WWW | WiiU: *tumbleweeds*
#25FooFighters25Posted 1/31/2013 1:47:13 AM
I like video games.
---
wP/RawkHawk
PSN - rokkenwithdokken