This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Funny how murder is more acceptale than rape in gaming

#1darkvoid2100Posted 1/31/2013 12:12:23 AM
This is from an interview about the new tomb raider.

During an interview with Kotaku, executive producer Ron Rosenberg stated that during the game, Lara Croft "gets taken prisoner by scavengers on the island. They try to rape her, and- [...] She's literally turned into a cornered animal. And that's a huge step in her evolution: she's either forced to fight back or die and that's what we're showing today."[44] The suggestion of a possible 'attempted rape' in the game soon caused outrage and controversy.[45]

The game's designer Darrell Gallagher later denied the 'attempted rape' suggestions, stating that one of "the character defining moments for Lara in the game, which has incorrectly been referred to as an 'attempted rape' scene is the content we showed" where "Lara is forced to kill another human for the first time. In this particular selection,

So a young woman being captured and forced to kill another human is OK.
But a young woman being captured and a rape ATTEMPT is made on her, and that's not OK.

Strange world.
---
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3720/89106594.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxica6bXxW1qblc8xo1_250.gif
#2killakPosted 1/31/2013 12:13:24 AM
That is the common thought process.
---
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"
#3SDFan18Posted 1/31/2013 12:16:05 AM
No surprise, sex in general is usually frowned upon.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#4Dryheave999Posted 1/31/2013 12:16:51 AM
uhmm...murder is more acceptable than rape in Life. Get it together dude.
---
"on than this day are or said to add content a great pain, but is other then in play" - englishman88
#5Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 1/31/2013 12:20:51 AM
Well most rape victims will tell you that they'd rather they'd been killed then raped. So yes it would seem that rape is the more heinous of the two acts.
#6jubjub360Posted 1/31/2013 12:22:46 AM
Dirk_McHardpeck posted...
Well most rape victims will tell you that they'd rather they'd been killed then raped. So yes it would seem that rape is the more heinous of the two acts.

This is correct. Which has more of an impact: being killed or having inhumane acts done upon you and you live with it?
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#7SophisticationPosted 1/31/2013 12:23:19 AM
Dryheave999 posted...
uhmm...murder is more acceptable than rape in Life. Get it together dude.

But sill... rape ends, death does not. That, to me, is the scariest thought there is.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#8BeknessPosted 1/31/2013 12:23:26 AM
Dirk_McHardpeck posted...

^

No one wants to be alive after they've been violated. They spend years blaming themselves, when they're the victim. End up with mental health issues, if they didn't have them already and a lot of them live in fear of speaking up about it because they've been threatened or they're worried people won't believe them.

At least with murder the suffering is over.
---
With each passing minute the one that I love is slipping away from me. Before I know it I'm losing you.
#9howdyneighbor25Posted 1/31/2013 12:28:36 AM
Murder is worse,it effects evertyone everyday no,matter if Ur ugly beautiful loved hated.
---
Pay Day. Let's roll!
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#10mogar002Posted 1/31/2013 12:31:34 AM
I was transported to a faraway land
Into the world where monsters rule
I played the game like an ace
Now we’re in this place
To save the monsters from the evil Moo

Monsters rule, Monsters rule
Monster Rancher, Monster Rancher

Monsters rule

Pendent shows the mystery disk
We’ll take it to the shrine
We’ll redeem that fabled mystery disk
And release the Phoenix inside

Monster Rancher

I was transported to a faraway land
Into a world where monsters rule

Monster rule

Played the game like an ace
Now we’re in this place
To save the monsters from the evil Moo

Monsters rule, Monsters rule.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg