This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Funny how murder is more acceptale than rape in gaming

#131SomnusNemorisPosted 1/31/2013 3:57:40 AM
That DefYouth sure loves his strawmen.
#132Damien94Posted 1/31/2013 3:58:59 AM
Joe Rogan proves himself, yet again, to be a moron.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#133killakPosted 1/31/2013 3:59:21 AM
It almost seems like murder is the ultimate gimme, and fully excusable in the courts.

If someone tries to rape you, and you rape them in defense......you're a rapist
If someone tries to steal from you, and you steal from them........you're a thief

etc etc etc

But if someone tries to steal from you, kill you or rape you and you kill them...... you're a champion
---
You don't ever go full Greer
#134DefYouthPosted 1/31/2013 4:00:08 AM
killak posted...
No, you have no clue because that was okay so long as they weren't raped.

It amazes me how much you feel the need to be so offensive. Never once did I state that one was worse than the other, and clearly stated that you cannot argue one worse than the other.

Then you come along with your BS Canyon analogy, then insinuate that I base the outcome of murder on video games.....

the internet clearly gives you balls.

No, and I'm sorry that you've gone through those things truthfully. What I said there was the same sort of leap you're making when you say that because someone thinks murder is worse means they think that rape is somehow easy or a walk in the park. It's not true. I'm just saying that murder is worse than rape.
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis
#135DefYouthPosted 1/31/2013 4:01:03 AM
killak posted...
This point is MOOT because killing someone who tried to kill you also isn't murder.

raping someone that tried to rape you.......is rape.

Are you conceding?

Are you confused?
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis
#136killakPosted 1/31/2013 4:01:22 AM
No, and I'm sorry that you've gone through those things truthfully. What I said there was the same sort of leap you're making when you say that because someone thinks murder is worse means they think that rape is somehow easy or a walk in the park

that's not what i said at all.
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta
#137Damien94Posted 1/31/2013 4:02:34 AM
killak posted...
It almost seems like murder is the ultimate gimme, and fully excusable in the courts.

If someone tries to rape you, and you rape them in defense......you're a rapist
If someone tries to steal from you, and you steal from them........you're a thief

etc etc etc

But if someone tries to steal from you, kill you or rape you and you kill them...... you're a champion

Actually, it isn't self-defense if it's just theft. If someone grabs your bag/purse on the street and starts running, you can't whip out a gun and blow them away. You'd at least be charged with manslaughter, more probably murder 2.

The self-defense activates when they are on your property, i.e. breaking into your house. And even then, many states don't have a law to automatically allow you to shoot them. In most states they have to have a deadly weapon on them to justify it.
---
#138UniversquallPosted 1/31/2013 4:02:35 AM
DefYouth posted...
I'm just saying that murder is worse than rape.

It depends. And anyone that thinks otherwise is wrong.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#139killakPosted 1/31/2013 4:03:23 AM
Are you confused?

no, I mean that murder seems to be able to be excused, so clearly in the eyes of the law, murder is seen as a lesser crime.

Of course when we're speaking of the individual experiencing it, it's a different story. But the plain fact is that somebody killed in self defense, was murdered in cold blood, and it's not even seen as such.

It's a gimme crime.
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#140Damien94Posted 1/31/2013 4:03:40 AM
DefYouth posted...
It's not true. I'm just saying that murder is worse than rape.

And what is your reasoning and justification for this statement? What makes murder worse than rape?
---