This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Funny how murder is more acceptale than rape in gaming

#141DefYouthPosted 1/31/2013 4:04:07 AM
killak posted...
No, and I'm sorry that you've gone through those things truthfully. What I said there was the same sort of leap you're making when you say that because someone thinks murder is worse means they think that rape is somehow easy or a walk in the park

that's not what i said at all.

If murder is worse because you're dead and done, then you clearly believe that the rape victim can get over it. Mental torture vs non exitence
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis
#142killakPosted 1/31/2013 4:05:44 AM
If murder is worse because you're dead and done, then you clearly believe that the rape victim can get over it. Mental torture vs non exitence

you said that I said it would be 'easy or a walk in the park'.
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me (At EB Games): No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*
#143DefYouthPosted 1/31/2013 4:06:13 AM
Universquall posted...
DefYouth posted...
I'm just saying that murder is worse than rape.

It depends. And anyone that thinks otherwise is wrong.

Self-defense isn't murder though. I'm talking about innocent murder victims, not rapists.
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis
#144UniversquallPosted 1/31/2013 4:07:07 AM
Damien94 posted...
And what is your reasoning and justification for this statement? What makes murder worse than rape?

Sometimes it is.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#145UniversquallPosted 1/31/2013 4:07:58 AM
DefYouth posted...
Self-defense isn't murder though.

I don't have a problem with that
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#146Damien94Posted 1/31/2013 4:09:26 AM
Universquall posted...
Damien94 posted...
And what is your reasoning and justification for this statement? What makes murder worse than rape?

Sometimes it is.

If you're going to quote me, answer the question.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#147UniversquallPosted 1/31/2013 4:11:22 AM
Damien94 posted...
If you're going to quote me, answer the question.

We aren't all one person. All murders aren't the same. All families aren't the same. All of the other situations aren't the same.
---
#148DefYouthPosted 1/31/2013 4:11:40 AM
SomnusNemoris posted...
That DefYouth sure loves his strawmen.

No.
---
#149Damien94Posted 1/31/2013 4:14:13 AM
Universquall posted...

We aren't all one person. All murders aren't the same. All families aren't the same. All of the other situations aren't the same.

Then give a specific example of a murder that was worse than a rape. You clearly state that "sometimes murder is worse than rape". Well, give an example.

And Def-whatever your name is, answer the question.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#150killakPosted 1/31/2013 4:14:54 AM
I think the real issue is that we were originally discussing games.

And in the world of video games, and an infinite amount of lives being snuffed without a second thought.... Rape is a much worse act.

let's leave it at that, as it's the only reasonable response.

need a reason why it's acceptable? Because rape hasn't penetrated (no pun) video games to a "meh" stage yet.
---
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"