This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For all the PS3 RPG fans out there

#11superbowl54Posted 1/31/2013 8:36:16 AM
Motsu posted...
Interested, but not paying 200+ dollars and wallowing through a junky controller just for one game.

you're gonna use the sixaxis or DS3 to play it? I'm curious how
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#12ozranPosted 1/31/2013 8:37:17 AM
Actually if I remember correctly......Had Sakaguchi been allowed to make Final Fantasy 12 then that is what Lost Odyssey would have been
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#13ExpelDiasFlacPosted 1/31/2013 8:41:39 AM
toadieman posted...
Nope. Don't have a 360.

This. Just like how Xenoblade Chronicles looks like an awesome RPG, I'm still not buying a Wii just for one game. The same applies with Lost Odyssey and the 360, Lost Odyssey is the only good looking 360 game in my opinion. None of the other 360 exclusives interest me.
#14SayoriaPosted 1/31/2013 8:42:07 AM
superbowl54 posted...
Motsu posted...
Interested, but not paying 200+ dollars and wallowing through a junky controller just for one game.

No, I mean I am not going to play it if I have to use that controller.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#15superbowl54Posted 1/31/2013 8:57:21 AM
Motsu posted...
superbowl54 posted...
Motsu posted...

I understand preferences and such, but I don't think I'll ever understand how people prefer anything else over the 360 controller (unless you're big on fighting games, in which case, you'd probably have a stick; or of asian decent, simply because they usually have small hands).

Objectively speaking, it's amazing and makes the flaws with the DS3 even more apparent and outdated like the layout, oversensitive and convex triggers, or the convex analog sticks.

The controller is your only reason? I think it's well worth the price of admission for that game, it was an amazing time.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#16lninjasoniclPosted 1/31/2013 8:59:48 AM
Yeah great game, 360 has some great RPGs. Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Magna Carta 2, and Tales of Vesperia are among my favorites this gen.
---
I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes.
#17PHEEliNUXPosted 1/31/2013 9:11:13 AM
Nope, Don't have a 360, Never gonna get a 360
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#18SayoriaPosted 1/31/2013 10:01:37 AM
superbowl54 posted...
Motsu posted...
superbowl54 posted...
Motsu posted...

I understand preferences and such, but I don't think I'll ever understand how people prefer anything else over the 360 controller (unless you're big on fighting games, in which case, you'd probably have a stick; or of asian decent, simply because they usually have small hands).

Objectively speaking, it's amazing and makes the flaws with the DS3 even more apparent and outdated like the layout, oversensitive and convex triggers, or the convex analog sticks.

The controller is your only reason? I think it's well worth the price of admission for that game, it was an amazing time.

My hands fit perfectly on the dualshock. I am OCD with symmetry, the D-Pad is a pile of crap, and the D pad is in a nasty spot. The joysticks at the base of the controller are perfect.

And simply, I don't. I already have a big enough backlog of games I still need to buy before dishing out for a whole new system and adapting to a controller I just don't like. The trademark is Microsofts, yep, but as far as it looks, I AM a big RPG fan, but LO, I think I will never play.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#19killakPosted 2/1/2013 9:56:22 AM
I spent a couple of hours on Lost Odyssey tonight, and it's definitely exactly as I described it earlier in the topic......

frustrating, frustrating, frustrating

1. Takes far too long for a battle to be controllable
2. The wait time for certain spells, isn't clear at all...... what the hell is 2-H?
3. You can't strategise ala FFX, when it comes to choosing your moves and seeing how it affects your turn vs the enemy........except once the battle starts, you can see it.......EXCEPT YOU HAVE NO WAY OF AFFECTING IT!!!!
4. Like any RPG, the save points are well spaced apart, but with this game it adds to the frustration when it takes so long for a battle to start and you could be unlucky enough to meet up with some dudes that just waste you.
5. It's got capped levelling

After playing Ni No Kuni for 8hrs straight, LO was a real smack in the mouth.
---
You don't ever go full Greer