This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else work on indie games? Inspirational PS3 games-

#1indie_animatorPosted 1/31/2013 11:55:01 AM
Haven't seen a topic like this before. Gotta keep it on-topic to PS3. :)

I've been doing art, gametesting, nannying, dishwashing, etc. mostly with one other person for the past seven years or so on independant online games. The income is sporadic, and the hope is to hit iPad, Facebook, (and I hope) PSN someday.

Since I usually have no coworkers to talk to, I wasn't sure where to meet others like me. Gamasutra?

Anyway, Castle Crashers has been an inspiration, as well as Skullgirls. Great art, brawler & fighter made in NA by small companies, etc. Double Dragon Neon & Scott Pilgrim are favs, and from Japan, BB & P4A.

Just getting the ball rolling. If no one else is doing this, that's cool.
---
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (James 1:4)
#2glory of power metalPosted 1/31/2013 12:02:07 PM
soooo watcha working on?
---
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#3indie_animator(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:22:34 PM
Last released game was Dungeon Run for Shockwave.com (Gauntlet-style game) almost two years ago. I wonder how many have heard of it. *.*

Worked on the sequel, a Castleville-style game, and a lot of others, but most of them never are released. I'm not in charge, and don't seal the deals.

Pretty frustrating when all these games keep releasing from indies on PSN, but I wonder how many of them break even & make a living off of what they do.

Thanks for the reply! You working on anything?
---
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (James 1:4)
#4PHEEliNUXPosted 1/31/2013 12:23:42 PM
Looking forward to see your games
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#5BeknessPosted 1/31/2013 12:26:31 PM
I'm not working on any indie games. I have some on Steam, and honestly with their greenlight feature, I think it'd be easier to pitch games on there.
---
With each passing minute the one that I love is slipping away from me. Before I know it I'm losing you.
#6matty549Posted 1/31/2013 12:28:44 PM
I'm working on an indie game with my brother. I'm a python programmer (don't laugh), and my bro is a great artist. Our goal is to get our game accepted through steams green light program (mainly because they don't seem picky about programming language choice).
#7indie_animator(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:32:58 PM
Thanks, Phee. Feel free to check out Dungeon Run if you like Gauntlet.

Bekness, what games have you done?

Thanks for the info on Steam- I'll look that up.
---