This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The most overrated game of all time.

#1NorkenPosted 1/31/2013 11:03:10 AM
The first game that came to mind was FF7 but then i began to really think about it just a little bit more and then suddenly... Halo, god of war. Resident evil 4, FF6, some of the Mario games, Pokemon, Beyond good and evil, Omikron, Metroid, Half life series, and then it HIT me....

ANGRY FREAKING BIRDS! What the flying fire couch is this atrocity?

Do people actually like this crap? REALLY? And it's getting a movie? REALLY?
Wouldn't it be better to choose a different game to make into a movie? I mean seriously Angry birds? What's next Hungry Hungry Hippos?

Oh wait to late:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-hungry-hungry-hippos-action-man-monopoly-movie-20121004,0,4066248.story?_r=true
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
Romans 14:8
#2Norken(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:10:45 AM
Really?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/08/angry-birds-star-wars-review
---
#3LLL_DeadlyPosted 1/31/2013 11:12:31 AM
OoT is the most overrated game of all time.

- Why? NO game can live up to OoT's hype and ratings. I love the game, but damn was I disappointed when I went in expecting the greatest game of all time (it's one of the greatest though).
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.
#4Norken(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:16:04 AM
LLL_Deadly posted...

- Why? NO game can live up to OoT's hype and ratings. I love the game, but damn was I disappointed when I went in expecting the greatest game of all time (it's one of the greatest though).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
---
#5Devilman_AmonPosted 1/31/2013 11:19:28 AM
LLL_Deadly posted...

What year did you play it
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#6superbowl54Posted 1/31/2013 11:19:43 AM
Angry Birds is a casual game you play on your smartphone while on the bus or waiting at the doctor's office. I wouldn't call it overrated because nobody but the casual-est of casual would coin it "the greatest game of all time"

that distinction belongs to FF7.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#7PHEEliNUXPosted 1/31/2013 11:20:52 AM
FF7, Ni No Kuni, CoD and there are many more
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#8nekrothingPosted 1/31/2013 11:21:47 AM
superbowl54 posted...
Angry Birds is a casual game you play on your smartphone while on the bus or waiting at the doctor's office. I wouldn't call it overrated because nobody but the casual-est of casual would coin it "the greatest game of all time"

Name one objectively bad thing about FF7. For its time, it was the perfect game that revolutionized the JRPG genre.
#9Norken(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:22:00 AM
superbowl54 posted...

I do not think ff7 deserves all the praise but it did bring to light the JRPG for many people so I can't rate it the most overrated. But angry birds is getting a movie. Not a tv movie but an actual feature film.
---
#10demonsouls4lifePosted 1/31/2013 11:22:22 AM
idk of all time but this gen super mario galaxy and legend of zelda skyward sword were huge disappointments imo.