This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The most overrated game of all time.

#21Darth_ElusivePosted 1/31/2013 12:29:49 PM
Halo series.

I got the first two games free as gifts. They are nothing special so I traded them the next day and got some good credits from them. That was the only good thing I can say about Halo.

I still don't understand why people are so crazy about it. It's just a space themed FPS. But people buy the game in quantity, go to Halo convention and I think there is novel or graphic novel about Halo.

Really? For a space shooter with a protagonist wearing a head gear that looks like a motorcycle helmet. I cannot comprehend. I am not a Nintendo fan but Samus from Metroid wears a space suit that looks ten times better. And that is based on a 30 year old design.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#22Norken(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:30:05 PM
LLL_Deadly posted...
Norken posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...
OoT is the most overrated game of all time.

- Why? NO game can live up to OoT's hype and ratings. I love the game, but damn was I disappointed when I went in expecting the greatest game of all time (it's one of the greatest though).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

U and I could be friends.
Of course I will still argue with you on this.
OOT deserves its praise.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
Romans 14:8
#23Devilman_AmonPosted 1/31/2013 12:33:10 PM(edited)
LLL_Deadly posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...
OoT is the most overrated game of all time.

- Why? NO game can live up to OoT's hype and ratings. I love the game, but damn was I disappointed when I went in expecting the greatest game of all time (it's one of the greatest though).

What year did you play it

2005, the same year I started playing the Zelda series. I'm aware it would have been groundbreaking in its year of release, though.

Exactly as I figured....

That wasn't my point, though. Even today, it's considered a flawless masterpiece that no game will ever dethrone, which certainly isn't the case.

Which can be pointed towards the same type of argument people put up when they say "Led Zep or The Who is the greatest band of all time" or "Clapton or BB King is the greatest guitarist of all time"

People will hold dear to what first impressed them. The groundbreakers or trendsetters if you will.....the stuff that spawns or spawned many off shoots that were inspired by them.
They hold those in higher regard and respect because they were there first that set the trend historically; that did something then that wasn't done before exactly....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#24Norken(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:40:48 PM
The problem for me is that none of the Zelda games after OOT have that same sense of adventure.

In OOT each temple had it's own stand out point that made you like it and the time traveling worked well without being convoluted, but the newer Zelda games loose that
charm of story and adventure like the new FF games. Granted I love Wind Waker (my siblings prefer TWLP as their 2nd place choice) but even with all the fun I had sailing the story wasn't large enough.

With each new gaming gen stories should be expanded, but the stories coming out now could have been put onto past gen. It's like everything is just graphics.
---
#25DredjPosted 1/31/2013 12:43:02 PM
The Elder Scrolls.
#26Norken(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:46:37 PM
Dredj posted...
The Elder Scrolls.

Hey now you better watch it. Those oblivion fanboys are gonna start another war.
---
#27CheeseCurlsPosted 1/31/2013 12:53:34 PM
ya know, two days ago I might've had a list, but after a moment on tuesday afternoon i've been left with only one game

Super Goddamn hexagon

this game is if you took Fly the Copter
(http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/games/copter for those that are uninitiated)
and instead of a helicopter dodging walls you had a triangle dodging walls

and yet its getting praised as one of the best indie games ever, and sitting high on game of the year lists (I remember Joystiq saying it was the 5th best game of 2012, actually joystiq was the reason I dropped the dollar on it)

I wish I could have my dollar back.
#28legendfirefoxPosted 1/31/2013 12:57:48 PM
i really don't get it....overrated mean hating great games ....right?

FF6 or Resident 4 aren't overrated they are great games.
---
PSN - Legend-fox-86
#29Norken(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:03:34 PM
legendfirefox posted...
i really don't get it....overrated mean hating great games ....right?

FF6 or Resident 4 aren't overrated they are great games.

It doesn't mean hating games. It has more to do with people's reaction of said game.
People are the ones who rate the games.
---
#30Auron772Posted 1/31/2013 1:15:05 PM
Half-Life 2

I get that it's a good game with how much praise it receives but I find it to be mediocre in every possible way.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren