This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The most overrated game of all time.

#201snaggleooooPosted 1/31/2013 10:04:46 PM
Yeoms27 posted...
snaggleoooo posted...
Portal (and Portal 2 to a lesser extent). If a game 2 hours long gets amazingly high ratings, I weep for the future of gaming. No wonder companies think they can charge us for DLC only a couple of hours long. Also, GLADOS is the most overrated villain of all time too. Her jokes are lame and her sarcasm and threats just held so little weight for me. HK-47 in KotOR did the homicidal robot so, so much better than that sack of s---.

This is a bad joke, my firend - right?

I wish it was, but I'm afraid not. I spent my 2 hours finishing Portal and I actually said to myself that I wanted my time back. I played it because everyone said it was amazing, and I was terribly bored playing, but kept going hoping to get to the 'good' bit. Like I said, the villain was terrible and the puzzle were too easy. Considering that's the whole game, I think I'm justified in thinking that it was terribly overrated.

Portal 2 got a few more things right though, and I didn't mind it, but the original...egh.
#202TimTebow1Posted 1/31/2013 10:16:27 PM
I thought 7 did so many things right. The music was great. The opening to me was fantastic, looks grand, shows Cloud jump off the train like a beast, you do a fight and you level up. What a great example of positive reinforcement! just an example or two of 100 I feel that make me think this game is awesome.

To the people that say otherwise you are entitled to your opinion for sure but I feel that FF7 is worthy of the praise it gets.
#203Sir_SpecterPosted 1/31/2013 10:22:14 PM
Call of Battlefield: Modern Duty. They're all basically the same game.
#204Devil_wings00Posted 1/31/2013 10:26:50 PM
No such thing as "overrated". It's just a BS term people like to toss out when they don't happen to like something as much as everyone else seems to. Usually because they can't comprehend that other people have opinions that differ from theirs.

I suppose it's more concise then "things I don't like as much as other people" but I always find the term overrated has a connotation of smugness/superiority when it's usually used.

On topic I don't really find many games "overrated" because most games I dislike, that other people love, are usually games in genres I don't find fun in the first place. I guess FF8 is one I never loved but I know lots of people do.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#205656stoogePosted 1/31/2013 11:26:48 PM
TimTebow1 posted...
I thought 7 did so many things right. The music was great. The opening to me was fantastic, looks grand, shows Cloud jump off the train like a beast, you do a fight and you level up. What a great example of positive reinforcement! just an example or two of 100 I feel that make me think this game is awesome.

To the people that say otherwise you are entitled to your opinion for sure but I feel that FF7 is worthy of the praise it gets.

Pretty sure the greatest game ever is indeed entitled to a little praise. :)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#206P00DGEPosted 1/31/2013 11:52:34 PM
GothicAngel19 posted...
P00DGE posted...
GothicAngel19 posted...
Ocarina of Time, dull and overrated.

Then why do so many people love it? Why do so many people not think it is dull? What do you have to say about those people and their personal tastes?
Good for those people doesn't mean I HAVE to like it. It's an overrated game just look at everyone in the this pole they say the same thing, now the dull part is my opinion you may not agree with me which is fine but to me for a Zelda game it's a dull game.

Overrated means it has received more praise than it deserved. All those people that rated it felt it deserved it. Are their opinions invalid? Just because you don't like something doesn't make it bad. Nothing can be overrated. It is a contradictory word
#207P00DGEPosted 1/31/2013 11:54:54 PM
Reiji Kido99 posted...
Troop_357 posted...
Gamefaqs: Where ''overrated'' means acclaimed games I don't personally like.

That's what it means everywhere.

Hence why everyone everywhere is wrong when they use it.
#208donkeyjackPosted 1/31/2013 11:56:48 PM
Any game that received critical acclaim

SMB3, Super Mario 64, ALTTP, OOT, FF4, FF6, FF7, FF10, FF12, MGS series, DMC3, GOW series, SMB1, and etc.

Pick one.

RE4
#209zebmarvinPosted 1/31/2013 11:59:15 PM
Final Fantasy X

I wanted to like this game, but I just couldn't. God, the characters...
---
I'm new.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1vD3nhQWsU
#210donkeyjackPosted 2/1/2013 12:00:17 AM
San Andreas, GTA3, Vice City, Bully, Red Dead Redemption, MK2, SF2, and etc.