This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The most overrated game of all time.

#211ServarePosted 1/31/2013 11:01:40 PM
Any Mortal Kombat
---
Fons sapientiae, verbum Dei.
#212gadragodPosted 1/31/2013 11:03:50 PM
I'll likely get chewed out for this, but I feel that Mario is overrated. I get it, Godfather of platformers, but any other Mario than the first few (Super Mario World, etc), 64, Kart, Sunshine (well, I liked it), and the Galaxy's have no interest to me. The MILLIONS of iterations from GB, GBA, DS, DSi, 3DS, what-the-hell-ever, I have no interest in.

Fail in that, I'd say Call of Duty post original Modern Warfare. I loved 2 and really, really liked the original Modern Warfare. Post MW = Modern-shooter paste. And what's worse? Everyone else started to jump on the Modern Combat fad and just made it insulting.

The above post is of MY opinion. Do not slash my tires.
#213Stanger5150Posted 1/31/2013 11:04:14 PM
For me personally, any RTS game because I dislike the genre.

There is no universally correct answer though.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Jak and Daxter, Mega Man X Collection, Yo! Noid, Batman Returns, Jaws"
#214CynicalGamer1Posted 1/31/2013 11:13:35 PM
People need to learn the difference between what overrated means and what their own personal dislike is.

I see a lot of people hating on Ni No Kuni because a) its a jrpg or b) its too hard for them or c) they didn't get their WE preorder (hahah i lol at them since I got mine).

I own and like a lot of games that are overrated. I think FF7 is highly overrated but I still love it. Same with OoT. Basically almost any FF game is overrated because of the hype that comes with being Final Fantasy...well maybe not anymore thanks to what 13 has done to the franchise.

Gonna go ahead and say that Uncharted, Halo and Half Life are pretty much the most overrated games I've come across. Enjoyed them but dont feel they live up to their hype.
#215jrr18Posted 1/31/2013 11:16:20 PM
CynicalGamer1 posted...
People need to learn the difference between what overrated means and what their own personal dislike is.

I see a lot of people hating on Ni No Kuni because a) its a jrpg or b) its too hard for them or c) they didn't get their WE preorder (hahah i lol at them since I got mine).

I own and like a lot of games that are overrated. I think FF7 is highly overrated but I still love it. Same with OoT. Basically almost any FF game is overrated because of the hype that comes with being Final Fantasy...well maybe not anymore thanks to what 13 has done to the franchise.

Gonna go ahead and say that Uncharted, Halo and Half Life are pretty much the most overrated games I've come across. Enjoyed them but dont feel they live up to their hype.

No large game ever lives up to fan's hype.
---
Victory over death itself through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#216kylemcauliffe15Posted 1/31/2013 11:16:41 PM
Norken posted...
kylemcauliffe15 posted...
I haven't played every game of all time to know.

Watch out everybody! Philosopher coming through.

It's not about being a philosopher. If you say "of all time" you imply everything ever made. It encapsulates everything.
---
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali
#217CynicalGamer1Posted 1/31/2013 11:19:26 PM
jrr18 posted...
CynicalGamer1 posted...

No large game ever lives up to fan's hype.

I disagree a bit. Mass Effect 2 was severely hyped and even with it..it blew me away. It is probably the only game this gen I have played through 5+ times. Also Skyrim. Ok crack all your jokes about glitches and no dlc...it still captured me. I think from Nov till March after it came out I hyped it up to people around me thats how much I loved it.
#218ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/31/2013 11:21:24 PM
Elder Scrolls series
CoD series
#219aj4x94Posted 1/31/2013 11:21:41 PM
Grand Theft Auto IV(Bore)

As a fan of the series, I felt it failed on many fronts, and definitely did not deserve straight 10's as it did.
---
Currently playing: COD: BOII, Hitman Absolution, Infamous Collection.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#220CynicalGamer1Posted 1/31/2013 11:23:28 PM
aj4x94 posted...
Grand Theft Auto IV(Bore)

As a fan of the series, I felt it failed on many fronts, and definitely did not deserve straight 10's as it did.

I agree...it was overhyped but also I felt it was an improvement over San Andreas. Vice City was awesome and then SA was a let down. I didn't mind IV but I think I've grown past that genre now