This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The most overrated game of all time.

#221jrr18Posted 1/31/2013 11:24:50 PM
CynicalGamer1 posted...
jrr18 posted...
CynicalGamer1 posted...
People need to learn the difference between what overrated means and what their own personal dislike is.

I see a lot of people hating on Ni No Kuni because a) its a jrpg or b) its too hard for them or c) they didn't get their WE preorder (hahah i lol at them since I got mine).

I own and like a lot of games that are overrated. I think FF7 is highly overrated but I still love it. Same with OoT. Basically almost any FF game is overrated because of the hype that comes with being Final Fantasy...well maybe not anymore thanks to what 13 has done to the franchise.

Gonna go ahead and say that Uncharted, Halo and Half Life are pretty much the most overrated games I've come across. Enjoyed them but dont feel they live up to their hype.

No large game ever lives up to fan's hype.

I disagree a bit. Mass Effect 2 was severely hyped and even with it..it blew me away. It is probably the only game this gen I have played through 5+ times. Also Skyrim. Ok crack all your jokes about glitches and no dlc...it still captured me. I think from Nov till March after it came out I hyped it up to people around me thats how much I loved it.

I'll give mass effect 2 but for me skyrim was about the same as oblivion They were both good but skyrim didn't blow me away because I knew what to expect (It's still one of my favorite games).
---
Victory over death itself through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#222CynicalGamer1Posted 1/31/2013 11:27:27 PM
jrr18 posted...
CynicalGamer1 posted...
jrr18 posted...
CynicalGamer1 posted...
People need to learn the difference between what overrated means and what their own personal dislike is.

I see a lot of people hating on Ni No Kuni because a) its a jrpg or b) its too hard for them or c) they didn't get their WE preorder (hahah i lol at them since I got mine).

I own and like a lot of games that are overrated. I think FF7 is highly overrated but I still love it. Same with OoT. Basically almost any FF game is overrated because of the hype that comes with being Final Fantasy...well maybe not anymore thanks to what 13 has done to the franchise.

Gonna go ahead and say that Uncharted, Halo and Half Life are pretty much the most overrated games I've come across. Enjoyed them but dont feel they live up to their hype.

I disagree a bit. Mass Effect 2 was severely hyped and even with it..it blew me away. It is probably the only game this gen I have played through 5+ times. Also Skyrim. Ok crack all your jokes about glitches and no dlc...it still captured me. I think from Nov till March after it came out I hyped it up to people around me thats how much I loved it.

I'll give mass effect 2 but for me skyrim was about the same as oblivion They were both good but skyrim didn't blow me away because I knew what to expect (It's still one of my favorite games).

I would of probably felt the same if I had finished Oblivion. Actually the 4 times I tried playing it, I always got past the first bit and then got bored.
#223TkmajingPosted 1/31/2013 11:28:11 PM
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim! No game is more hyped then that piece of ****! The Elder Scrolls from Arena to Oblivion are awesome.
---
What in the name of?
#224jrr18Posted 1/31/2013 11:29:41 PM
CynicalGamer1 posted...
jrr18 posted...
CynicalGamer1 posted...
jrr18 posted...
CynicalGamer1 posted...

I would of probably felt the same if I had finished Oblivion. Actually the 4 times I tried playing it, I always got past the first bit and then got bored.

Yep it takes a bit for the story to pick up.
---
Victory over death itself through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#225laszlo_olzsalPosted 1/31/2013 11:33:31 PM
overrated:

any zelda game - one of the "critic darling untouchables" that always disappoints when it comes down to actual gameplay.

any mario game - useless retro nostalgia

any COD game- was good maybe 7 years ago. Now it's become the ultimate douchebag of mainstream popular games.

HALO - douchebaggery candidate #2

any metroid game - again good as a 2d platformer only. the rest is overrated nostalgic BS.

Goldeneye- laughably bad now. overrated back then.

Have I insulted enough sacred cows and gamers?
#226Janus382Posted 1/31/2013 11:51:08 PM
"Overrated" is almost meaningless, but I'll play...

* = did not enjoy.

FF6
FF7
*FF8
*FF10

COD
Halo
Batman: Arkham whatever.
SMT: Nocturne
Suikoden 3
*WoW
*LoL
OoT

Notes! FF13 sucks more than most people say, but not by a wide enough margin. FF8 was UNBEARABLE to me, and I will never be able to understand fans of it (DRAW DRAW DRAW DRAW DRAW).

FF10 wasn't terrible, but I couldn't stand the VA's / characters.

Favorite FFs btw would be FF9, FF12 (just for the gambit system, rest was fairly meh), and FF7 (nostalgia).

Oh, and Chrono Trigger, just because =P. First RPG, yadda yadda. Love it, even today.

Btw, to whomever said "Goldeneye plays well even today"... no way, no sir, you are full of it. A couple friends and I cranked it up a few months back, and it was a torturous experience. Amazing back then; turrible now. Sad.
#227RunetheKoopaPosted 1/31/2013 11:56:46 PM
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, obviously.
#228oxnerdPosted 1/31/2013 11:59:02 PM
The word overrated is pointless. Just a way to show that you're a hater who can't respect people liking things you don't like.
#229Janus382Posted 2/1/2013 12:00:31 AM
Oh, almost forgot.

God of War
Gears of War
The Elder Scrolls

I enjoyed them all, just not as much as I feel I was "supposed" to.
#230P00DGEPosted 2/1/2013 12:06:15 AM
laszlo_olzsal posted...
overrated:

any zelda game - one of the "critic darling untouchables" that always disappoints when it comes down to actual gameplay.

any mario game - useless retro nostalgia

any COD game- was good maybe 7 years ago. Now it's become the ultimate douchebag of mainstream popular games.

HALO - douchebaggery candidate #2

any metroid game - again good as a 2d platformer only. the rest is overrated nostalgic BS.

Goldeneye- laughably bad now. overrated back then.

Have I insulted enough sacred cows and gamers?

No. Only your intelligence. The use of overrated AND nostalgia in the same sentence to invalidate other people's tastes.... just wow...