This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The most overrated game of all time.

#261bigmanryanPosted 2/1/2013 9:51:59 PM
I love Final Fantasy VII, but it has plenty of flaws. Most people won't even acknowledge them and treat the game like Jesus in the form of an RPG, or something like that.
---
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO BIGMANRYAN!
#262TerotrousPosted 2/4/2013 8:50:39 AM
Norken posted...
I thought about it for the FFX but then I just decided to let it go. I personally liked the sphere grid and BLITZBall but wuteva.
Some people like Dragon Quest style others want a newer version of Rpg. I like both but lean more to the Dragon quest.

I actually like Dragon Quest, particularly DQ3 on GBC and Dragon Quest Monsters. But one of the big differences between DQ and FFX is that FFX is also really easy and doesn't have much depth. DQ's encounter rate is generally pretty low, but you have to grind and prepare your team well or you'll get slaughtered when you do get into battle. In FFX, you end up fighting a ton of battles simply because you're constantly thrown into them. They're never hard, in fact, the vast majority end before the enemy can even act because the correct character will almost always one-shot enemies.

Blitzball was okay. It was probably one of the only good things about the game. Incidentally, did you know that Blitzball is an exact clone of a game series called Captain Tsubasa? If you enjoyed Blitzball you might want to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-hrCGbVzII

Even 20 years ago, the gameplay was literally the exact same.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#263MotiJrPosted 2/4/2013 8:54:11 AM
FF 7, FF X, God of War, Uncharted, Halo, Gears of War, Disgaea etc etc.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#264Fear the MONKEYPosted 2/4/2013 9:30:46 AM
GTA 4
---
psn id: FearTheMonkey
#265shooterfan22Posted 2/4/2013 12:17:25 PM
I think GTA IV is no longer overrated since everybody on this topic seems to hate it.

Oh, I do too btw ;)
#266FF_FiendPosted 2/4/2013 12:22:11 PM
The first Mass Effect game is almost unbearable to play. I never even made it to ME2 and ME3 because the first one was so bad. Half of the game is having conversations. The other half is driving around in an all-terrain vehicle that gets trapped on the slightest jagged rock. And did you know every other planet is covered in impassable mountains?

The characters are cliche archetypes, the dialogue is painful.

It's such a shame, because the fictional world is beautifully realized and extensive. Some of the quests are actually interesting. Until you realize your quest is to "click on a planet, get to waypoint, and either talk a guy out of being a jerk or shoot him in the face".

I don't know if I'll ever try ME2 or ME3 because of how much this game pained me to play.
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
#267kylemcauliffe15Posted 2/5/2013 2:37:36 PM
Terotrous posted...
kylemcauliffe15 posted...
After 9 hours Okami is boring.

If it even offers 9 solid hours that's an improvement. That's also fairly long by 3D Adventure standards anyway.

I actually don't care how long a game is at all. I was stating WHEN I lost interest, it doesn't matter if I did at the first hour mark or the last hour mark. What matters is I LOST INTEREST because it got BORING. The pacing rubbed me the wrong way and that's that.
---
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali
#268DefYouthPosted 2/5/2013 3:26:19 PM
Norken posted...
The first game that came to mind was FF7 but then i began to really think about it just a little bit more and then suddenly... Halo, god of war. Resident evil 4, FF6, some of the Mario games, Pokemon, Beyond good and evil, Omikron, Metroid, Half life series, and then it HIT me....

Where are they overrating Omikron? I thought I was the only one who liked that game.
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis
#269Norken(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:32:16 AM
shooterfan22 posted...
I think GTA IV is no longer overrated since everybody on this topic seems to hate it.

Oh, I do too btw ;)

The critics make this game overrated for FOREVER
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
Romans 14:8
#270FulvipPosted 2/7/2013 2:34:43 AM
GTA games.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore