This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The most overrated game of all time.

#341theshovellerPosted 2/8/2013 1:54:11 PM
atma6 posted...
I have to say anything from Valve. I hate to revoke my "gamer card", but I hate everything they've put out, and can't understand the fanatical devotion from fans.

When the **** did we get cards for being gamers!?!?

Don't worry about it. I don't get the fanatical devotion people get to anything they get fanatical about. Not even why I like Phantasy Star so much. I pin it on my obsession for both sci-fi and fantasy, like a Peanut Butter Cup is a fusion of peanut butter and chocolate.
#342ManinstagnatePosted 2/8/2013 1:59:59 PM
Bioshock the game had great ideas when in development but the deadline and censorship turn it into a dumbed down fps especially compared to it's predeccesor.
#343HabefietPosted 2/8/2013 2:02:12 PM
atma6 posted...
I have to say anything from Valve. I hate to revoke my "gamer card", but I hate everything they've put out, and can't understand the fanatical devotion from fans.

Hate? Really? I've known tons of people who think Portal is overrated, but I don't think I've ever encountered anyone that hates both Portal games.

Most overrated game ever, huh? Jeepers. Hard to say. Most games considered classics are considered such for a reason imo. I can think of a couple games from this gen that I'd say are overrated, but then a bunch of people would holler at me for being stupid or some nonsense, so it pretty much boils down to it being subjective. Surprise surprise.
#344GloryChaosPosted 2/8/2013 2:10:12 PM
gucciburrr posted...
Crysis. I remember buying it for PC years ago and having more fun looking at the visuals than playing the game. Awful story, pathetic weapon variety, a sci-fi shooter with absolutely no creative enemies, terrible dialog. Two hours into playtime, the cloak/armor gimmick gets old and you're stuck with a below average FPS that does nothing better than the opposition. People had the audacity to call this the greatest FPS of all-time. Rofl...

To be fair, graphics and visuals is all Crysis ever gets praised for. It's not a game people purchase primarily for its gameplay.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#345bwburke94Posted 2/8/2013 4:36:46 PM
The entire Halo series is overrated.
---
Unofficial Froakie of the Pokemon X board.
Not to be confused with the webcomic. I've already received enough kicks in the nuts.
#346notSFFPosted 2/8/2013 5:16:02 PM
As much as I love Bethesda, I'm going to have to go with Fallout 3. New Vegas was just better in simply every way.
---
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19
#347Norken(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:17:41 PM
Habefiet posted...
atma6 posted...

Hate? Really? I've known tons of people who think Portal is overrated, but I don't think I've ever encountered anyone that hates both Portal games.

Most overrated game ever, huh? Jeepers. Hard to say. Most games considered classics are considered such for a reason imo. I can think of a couple games from this gen that I'd say are overrated, but then a bunch of people would holler at me for being stupid or some nonsense, so it pretty much boils down to it being subjective. Surprise surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
Romans 14:8