This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The most overrated game of all time.

#71NejiHyuga900Posted 1/31/2013 4:30:56 PM
I will say Pong.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#72shooterfan22Posted 1/31/2013 4:34:17 PM
Bakuryukun posted...
None of them, because overrated is a dumb word, that is never used properly in gaming lexicon.

What makes your opinion on a game so much more valid that you can factually judge that other people rate the same game "higher than it deserves?" the term overrated isn't an opinionative word, it's an objective word, people don't seem to know that, or even worse they do and are actually just really conceited.

This!

A few odd ducks not liking a really popular game doesn't make it bad. That's just natural as people have varying tastes and opinions.

Now, if there are a TON of people who dislike a really popular game then you may have something to make a case with.
#73Yeoms27Posted 1/31/2013 4:35:20 PM
snaggleoooo posted...
Portal (and Portal 2 to a lesser extent). If a game 2 hours long gets amazingly high ratings, I weep for the future of gaming. No wonder companies think they can charge us for DLC only a couple of hours long. Also, GLADOS is the most overrated villain of all time too. Her jokes are lame and her sarcasm and threats just held so little weight for me. HK-47 in KotOR did the homicidal robot so, so much better than that sack of s---.

This is a bad joke, my firend - right?
---
PSN/Xbox Live username: yeoms28
#74justchill433Posted 1/31/2013 4:36:36 PM
Angry Birds sells your information and they can do a lot to your phone that you don't know about. That's why I don't play it anymore.

As for Zelda, LttP is the best Zelda by far.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#75EurAsianGirlPosted 1/31/2013 4:37:41 PM
FF6 and Chrono Trigger. I swear if I hear one more fanboy worshipping these games I'm gonna tear my hair out!

Yes, they were revolutionary for their time but even then they weren't anything special! They were good games, not great games.

The Grandia and Lunar series did it better than those two games ever could.
---
JRPG lover and not ashamed of it
Avid fan of the Grandia and Lunar series.
#76superbowl54Posted 1/31/2013 4:39:25 PM
nekrothing posted...
superbowl54 posted...
Angry Birds is a casual game you play on your smartphone while on the bus or waiting at the doctor's office. I wouldn't call it overrated because nobody but the casual-est of casual would coin it "the greatest game of all time"

that distinction belongs to FF7.

Name one objectively bad thing about FF7. For its time, it was the perfect game that revolutionized the JRPG genre.

Overrated means that it's not as good as advertised, it's quality is subjective. I personally thought it was a pile of garbage from Cloud being quite possibly the worst main character I've ever seen all the way to ATB being an awful system for an RPG (I know this game wasn't the first one to do this, but it was the first I played with this awful system in place), even the graphics, outside of FMVs was awful for it's time. I can't say it's unbiased because it's all opinion, but the game is easily the most overrated trash I've ever played in my life.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#77MagicalMerchantPosted 1/31/2013 4:41:10 PM
FF6 is the most overrated game... At least FF7 has haters but FF6 doesn't even have that.
---
I escaped from Lnfi's basement and all I got was this crummy sig.
"games that arent in 3d arent good" ~ Moody
#78EurAsianGirlPosted 1/31/2013 4:42:32 PM
superbowl54 posted...
nekrothing posted...
superbowl54 posted...
Angry Birds is a casual game you play on your smartphone while on the bus or waiting at the doctor's office. I wouldn't call it overrated because nobody but the casual-est of casual would coin it "the greatest game of all time"

that distinction belongs to FF7.

Name one objectively bad thing about FF7. For its time, it was the perfect game that revolutionized the JRPG genre.

Overrated means that it's not as good as advertised, it's quality is subjective. I personally thought it was a pile of garbage from Cloud being quite possibly the worst main character I've ever seen all the way to ATB being an awful system for an RPG (I know this game wasn't the first one to do this, but it was the first I played with this awful system in place), even the graphics, outside of FMVs was awful for it's time. I can't say it's unbiased because it's all opinion, but the game is easily the most overrated trash I've ever played in my life.

Hipster alert!

Let me guess, your favorite JRPGS are FF6 and Chrono Trigger right?

Look at my above post to see what I think of people like you.

You know what? Though I still think the Lunar and Grandia games pretty much perfected JRPGS and did everything right and no JRPG series can ever top those two dualogies...

Even FF7 is better than FF6 and Chrono Trigger...

Put together even!

Yeah, I went there.
---
JRPG lover and not ashamed of it
Avid fan of the Grandia and Lunar series.
#79youwiththefacePosted 1/31/2013 4:42:35 PM
Norken posted...
Dredj posted...
The Elder Scrolls.

Hey now you better watch it. Those oblivion fanboys are gonna start another war.

>oblivion fanboys
> oblivion

i think you mean morrowind fans
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ you're seeing red ||||||||||||||||||||||||| you're seeing green
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] you're seeing blue ~G~ results may vary
#80pyreswordPosted 1/31/2013 4:45:04 PM
*puts up flame shield*

I don't know, I'd probably say Shadow of the Colossus though, based ont he way some people flip out about that game.

Honorable mentions:
Final Fantasy VII
Portal
Every well-received Sonic game

Note: I expect some of the popular series from this gen (Uncharted comes to mind) are probably overrated, but I havent actually played any of them so I can't really say anything substantial about that.
---
This is my signature.