This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Don't get why some people like reboots.

#1KaliestoPosted 1/31/2013 11:52:20 AM
That's like saying:

Throw away the story and let it not be finished. Now there's talks of RE rebooting when there's still a few things to resolve. Idk about you all, but unfinished stories leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

Also talks going back to their roots with RE:Revelations for Consoles which I'm happy for, but not the reboot.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#2TomoEK9Posted 1/31/2013 11:54:31 AM
At the end of RE5 they had tied up most of the loose ends of the series, they didn't need to continue on the current story line.

The characters are feeling tired and overused, people want something new and refreshing.
#3OfficeChairPosted 1/31/2013 11:56:28 AM
Why does everything have to be one long story that needs to be dragged out forever over fifty sequels? Why can't anyone do a different interpretation on a franchise?
---
this topic is ruined
[i really hate classic rock]
#4Kaliesto(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:56:58 AM
TomoEK9 posted...
At the end of RE5 they had tied up most of the loose ends of the series, they didn't need to continue on the current story line.

The characters are feeling tired and overused, people want something new and refreshing.

There was still the other wesker and Ada Wong.
---
#5mmpepsiPosted 1/31/2013 11:57:25 AM
People complaining and whining is why they're talking about rebooting Resident Evil.

I'm completely against it though. I thought 6 was great and it mostly is a self contained story which is great, it didn't really leave a lot of open questions.
#6nekrothingPosted 1/31/2013 11:57:49 AM
OfficeChair posted...
Why does everything have to be one long story that needs to be dragged out forever over fifty sequels? Why can't anyone do a different interpretation on a franchise?

Because whenever someone does a different interpretation of a popular series, people become upset and complain about how the newer one sucks and the older one is better.
#7ssvegitaPosted 1/31/2013 11:57:58 AM
I don't get it either.

Probably because they want to attract a new fanbase or just make it bigger all together. Perhaps some people feel discouraged about getting into a series that has had such a lengthy story (like RE).

Or maybe it's just their way of admitting they f***ed up.
#8Kaliesto(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:58:09 AM
OfficeChair posted...

I'm not totally against different interpretations, I just don't like the abandoning of the original storyline.
---
#9mmpepsiPosted 1/31/2013 11:59:02 AM
OfficeChair posted...

Because then we get stuck with junk like DmC.

I don't care about the character designs and things like that. I care that the game can't even run at a steady 30fps when the past ones were at 60. I care that they changed the combat so much.

If it played the same as the old ones and ran as well then I probably would have liked it. Color coded enemies are dumb.
#10OfficeChairPosted 1/31/2013 12:00:06 PM
nekrothing posted...
OfficeChair posted...

Because whenever someone does a different interpretation of a popular series, people become upset and complain about how the newer one sucks and the older one is better.

People need to get over it. Humans have been reinterpreting works of fiction since before the bible.
---
this topic is ruined
[i really hate classic rock]