This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Don't get why some people like reboots.

#31banzaiheilPosted 1/31/2013 8:22:01 PM
Guerrilla Soldier posted...
I always thought the people who support reboots are people who will never, and could never, create anything on their own. They don't understand the fact that an idea is 'sacred' and should belong to whomever created it, they're more in touch that 'an idea is an idea and anyone can play with it after it's made'.

Thus, they don't feel any connection to something created, and they don't understand that someone coming in and completely changing the idea is wrong. They're under the impression that if something gets stale, it's okay to just completely redo while keeping the same name in order to appeal to everyone it didn't appeal to in the first place...which shouldn't be right.

Then again, these people don't care about someone's original idea, and don't care that something people care a lot about can just be dismantled and destroyed for someone who isn't a fan to enjoy.

Dumbest thing I read today.
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!
#32killakPosted 1/31/2013 8:24:37 PM
Guerrilla Soldier posted...
I always thought the people who support reboots are people who will never, and could never, create anything on their own. They don't understand the fact that an idea is 'sacred' and should belong to whomever created it, they're more in touch that 'an idea is an idea and anyone can play with it after it's made'.

Thus, they don't feel any connection to something created, and they don't understand that someone coming in and completely changing the idea is wrong. They're under the impression that if something gets stale, it's okay to just completely redo while keeping the same name in order to appeal to everyone it didn't appeal to in the first place...which shouldn't be right.

Then again, these people don't care about someone's original idea, and don't care that something people care a lot about can just be dismantled and destroyed for someone who isn't a fan to enjoy.

Dumbest thing I read today.

Agreed. It's not like they took someone's idea and butchered it. It was given to them, to see what they'd do with it.
---
My Setup - http://tinyurl.com/b6k98sp
#33LightningSkyPosted 1/31/2013 8:25:38 PM
OfficeChair posted...
Why does everything have to be one long story that needs to be dragged out forever over fifty sequels? Why can't anyone do a different interpretation on a franchise?

Then why not just make a new franchise
#34Ghetto_ninjaPosted 1/31/2013 8:57:10 PM
Because new Ip's have a huge chance for failure.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!
#35Kaliesto(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:19:32 AM
I'm more worried for confusion for people new to RE if they do a Reboot, it will end up being a confused mess.

But anyway...seeing a Reboot back to the Mansion..which I'm guessing they will start with RE0 or RE1, there was more that they could do with it:

-Voice acting would be better
-Monster AI behavior will be drastically improved
-Plot holes will be filled (Enrico was too mysterious on where his location as a example)
-More could be done with the minor characters
-Redesigned Mansion for 0 and 1 would be really awesome
-Bosses would be more awesome to fight

My concerns:
-Redesigning characters, sometimes they get it right, and sometimes not.

-Wesker, it's going to be weird seeing Wesker again in a different plot, but I've read DC Douglas wouldn't mind doing wesker again if they need him, so maybe it could work. This is purely my personal opinion.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#36este914Posted 2/1/2013 8:07:03 AM
Bro.... as a RE vet you already know that the RE time/story lines are quite convoluted ... What can they possibly do to make it any worse...

Actually, while I havent played RE6 just yet (waiting for that Gold Edition) the series just about ended with RE5 for me (Wesker...) So say what you will but unless you have been following from the beginning, even THEN it's hard to follow at times.
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#37GradyHooverPosted 2/1/2013 8:08:20 AM
Kaliesto posted...
That's like saying:

Throw away the story and let it not be finished. Now there's talks of RE rebooting when there's still a few things to resolve. Idk about you all, but unfinished stories leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

Also talks going back to their roots with RE:Revelations for Consoles which I'm happy for, but not the reboot.

Well, there's talk of it, but I think they're talking more about rebooting the FEELING than the story. I guess we'll see.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#38SquareSidePosted 2/1/2013 8:14:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuEJWmxWkKw&t=0m7s
---
PSN XBL n'' - SquareSide
True 3DS Ambassador. Not a scrub who came in late and saved a buck.
#39Kaliesto(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 2:24:36 PM
SquareSide posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuEJWmxWkKw&t=0m7s

My childhood straight to the gut.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord