This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Devs dont play their own games right?

#1JoeydollazPosted 1/31/2013 12:01:37 PM
Just like actors mostly dont watch their own movies
Since they know every aspect of the scripted experience
They will know whats coming and all that. The directors /priosducer might admire the work but i doubt they also watch, it is more about what the public thinks.

In gaming their is no way devs finish the games, they know every aspect of the game whats the point, they if anything get more enjoyment seeing the gamers playing the game, but might no stick around to much because they might begin to question what they could of done but dev tine ran out.
---
"Metal Gear Rising will be a port on PS3, P+ are xbots devs that never created/developed or even ported Bayonetta on PS3"- 12/2011
#2mogar002Posted 1/31/2013 12:03:33 PM
Playing your own game or watching your own movie is like spankin it to a picture of yourself.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#3AndehPandyPosted 1/31/2013 12:04:23 PM
mogar002 posted...
Playing your own game or watching your own movie is like spankin it to a picture of yourself.

Yeah cause who would do that!

*Closes facebook profile pic*

>_>
#4mmpepsiPosted 1/31/2013 12:05:53 PM
Some do.

After all, for some multiplayer games there are those play with the devs nights.
#5stalepie29Posted 1/31/2013 12:07:05 PM
They certainly play them while making them. Never heard of a dev that didn't.
#6JonJonJohnnyJonPosted 1/31/2013 12:09:07 PM
mogar002 posted...

Yeah cause who would do that!

*Closes facebook profile pic*

>_>

That's creepy.

*walks away from full-length mirror*

<_<
---
The More You Know: http://youtu.be/3HuOH_Ht-jI
Knowing is Half the Battle: http://youtu.be/5LoqoeZG6KU
#7Joeydollaz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:24:17 PM
mogar002 posted...

Classic lol you get greatest man of day award
---
"Metal Gear Rising will be a port on PS3, P+ are xbots devs that never created/developed or even ported Bayonetta on PS3"- 12/2011
#8Joeydollaz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:27:16 PM
mmpepsi posted...
Some do.

After all, for some multiplayer games there are those play with the devs nights.

I am talking mainly about single player focus games
---
#9blaze19_0XPosted 1/31/2013 12:30:46 PM(edited)
Just because someone makes something, doesn't make them a master or the best at it.

That's the flaw in your logic. Even as far as single player experiences go, who develops the best strategies? Who discovers exploits and glitches? Who gets the best speedrun times? The players.
#10indie_animatorPosted 1/31/2013 12:33:22 PM
I do art/gametesting/level design for a very small company called Tangerine Pop, and played our last game, Dungeon Run (Gauntlet style) through to completion with all four characters.

It was so much fun. So much work was put into it. No idea for major PS3 developers.

I could imagine other indie developers doing the same for their PSN games...
---
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (James 1:4)