This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What game series needs a reboot?

#1nekrothingPosted 1/31/2013 12:47:00 PM
What game series do you think needs to be rebooted? I think Square should reboot Final Fantasy.
#2toadiemanPosted 1/31/2013 12:48:56 PM
Tetris.
---
PSN: toadieman
#3LinkinLawgPosted 1/31/2013 12:52:20 PM(edited)
Kingdom Hearts. The Story is all over the place now, if they ever release KH3 on home systems, I would be totally lost.

I think Metal Gear should get rebooted after Ground Zeroes. They hit an end with Solid Snake's story, and Big Boss stories have to be close to reaching an end.

Resident Evil needed it for a long time. RE6 story felt like they were just trying to squeeze money out of the series . After you killed Wesker in RE5, that should've been the end of that story. The new villain in RE6 wasn't anywhere near as good as Wesker.
---
PSN: LinkinLawg
Not changing this sig until I feel like it
#4UniversquallPosted 1/31/2013 12:50:52 PM
nekrothing posted...
What game series do you think needs to be rebooted? I think Square should reboot Final Fantasy.

lol
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#5SlaynWilderGL3Posted 1/31/2013 12:51:55 PM
None. Reboots suck most of the time. Look at DmC, look at Jason X lol, etc.
---
Star Wars fans please like The Imperial Fleet facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Imperial-Fleet/462605397130503
#6peter_888Posted 1/31/2013 12:55:04 PM
FF is pretty much a reboot in itself. what with how it tries to try new things in each installment.(albeit, the most recent installment was kind of lackluster, but I don't really think people can say it was lackluster because it tried to go with old conventions)

anyway, probably Resident Evil.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#7nekrothing(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:56:27 PM
SlaynWilderGL3 posted...
None. Reboots suck most of the time. Look at DmC, look at Jason X lol, etc.

Reboots only suck some of the time. Sometimes they can be really good for a franchise. The original MGS on the PS1 was a reboot, look how that turned out. Dredd 3D, while not a game, was a great reboot. The new Twisted Metal and Mortal Kombat, all great reboots.
#8RoachmeatPosted 1/31/2013 12:56:34 PM
Crackdown

Needs female agents, different custom car loadouts (SUV, muscle), and "agents vs gangs" multiplayer..

Doesn't need: Mutants

Heck, you can even let Microsoft keep it. People seem to forget about it anyway when they list Xbox 360 exclusives that are unique to Playstation's offerings.
#9SakurafanboyPosted 1/31/2013 12:58:44 PM
Final Fantasy; the need to go back and look at games like IV, VI, VII, and X and realize those are what worked. Not what they're shoving down our throats right now. Go back to the roots and figure it out from there. Don't be afraid to kill off characters, or have some leave for a while, have sidequests that are actually engaging and rewarding, etc. Final Fantasy has lost what it used to be.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#10Coutts2Posted 1/31/2013 1:01:24 PM
Star Control, I know it's unlikely but since we just got X-Com...
---
PSN: Geoff-C-