This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What game series needs a reboot?

#101SigmaHacielPosted 2/6/2013 1:32:02 PM
Kenaue posted...
I shouldn't have to. I understood it, and that's all that matters. Play all the games and you will too.

So basically, you won't support your point, and since you are tied with the burden of proving it, you won't and thus fail.

Be quiet then.
#102KenauePosted 2/6/2013 1:32:32 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
Kenaue posted...
I shouldn't have to. I understood it, and that's all that matters. Play all the games and you will too.

So basically, you won't support your point, and since you are tied with the burden of proving it, you won't and thus fail.

Be quiet then.

I feel the story is fine. And it is.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
#103CTU_007Posted 2/6/2013 1:36:29 PM
Syphon Filter for sure. The series hasn't been relevant since its PSone days and I don't see Sony following up on LS's cliffhanger anytime soon. Plus its the perfect excuse to bring back Mara Aramov to the series.

Dino Crisis is another one. Its been too long since the last game, and I don't see Capcom following up on a cliffhanger plotline left from 13 years ago.
#104SigmaHacielPosted 2/6/2013 1:37:03 PM
Kenaue posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
Kenaue posted...

Be quiet then.

Congrats on making the 8th empty post.
#105ThePatrickPosted 2/6/2013 1:37:46 PM
Ryūga gotoku / Yakuza

I think a retelling of the first story would be amazing if they actually wanted to redo stuff instead of keeping all the "dinosaur" stuff they've accumulated over the years.

Stand-alones I'd like to see redone:

Battle Circuit
Primal Rage
Getsufū maden
Xingyi q'uan / Martial Masters
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#106KenauePosted 2/6/2013 1:38:57 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
Kenaue posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
Kenaue posted...

Be quiet then.

Congrats on making the 8th empty post.

Whatever,.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
#107bigtiggie23Posted 2/6/2013 1:43:15 PM
I don't think Lunar has been mentioned yet it deserves a new current gen game
---
Sierra. Hotel. India. Echo. Lima. Delta.
#108theshovellerPosted 2/6/2013 1:45:24 PM
I'll weigh in - why not. Phantasy Star. None of this PSO or PSU stuff, or action-based gameplay. What I want is:

-A plot revolving around ancient evils coming into power (or already in power)

-Sci-fi setting

-Not so sci-fi that everyone and their brother uses guns and shoots things

-Magic

-A solar system with different planets to travel to

-Combo attacks

-Turn-based system

-Anime cutscenes. Not CG or in-game graphics all the time - think more like how Ni No Kuni has actual anime cutscenes in the game at points.

That's what I want to see in a rebooted Phantasy Star game. Elements of the originals thrown together so it feels "new, yet familiar."
#109este914Posted 2/6/2013 1:46:03 PM
Crash Bandicoot
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#110nekrothing(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 2:01:53 PM
theshoveller posted...
I'll weigh in - why not. Phantasy Star. None of this PSO or PSU stuff, or action-based gameplay. What I want is:

-A plot revolving around ancient evils coming into power (or already in power)

-Sci-fi setting

-Not so sci-fi that everyone and their brother uses guns and shoots things

-Magic

-A solar system with different planets to travel to

-Combo attacks

-Turn-based system

-Anime cutscenes. Not CG or in-game graphics all the time - think more like how Ni No Kuni has actual anime cutscenes in the game at points.

That's what I want to see in a rebooted Phantasy Star game. Elements of the originals thrown together so it feels "new, yet familiar."

I agree, the original Phantasy Star games were really good. PS IV reminded me of Mass Effect in a lot of ways (traveling from planet to planet, recruiting crew members, trying to stop the cycle of genocide that occurs every thousand years). It's a game that felt ahead of its time, and I definitely think a PS reboot could end up being great.