This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It looks like it's time for me to upgrade my hard drive but...

#1GamenamebullyPosted 1/31/2013 2:40:12 PM
I am worried about losing all of my saved game data.

I know there's a Fat 32 I can use to put my data in it but I am worried that they'd get corrupted or in the case with Fallout 3, it'll prevent me from saving forcing me start all over again(Fallout 3 was the only game I saved over in a USB and it did that).

I am worried I'll screw all of my save data and downloaded games and DLC over.

Am I just being over paranoid or is there another way to put data someway else?
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#2RyuuHou25Posted 1/31/2013 2:44:46 PM
The only and best way is to use the back up utility onto an external hard drive, then when you have your new HD in and 4.31 installed on it, use the restore option and everything will be right back on there like it was.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#3lostkiwiPosted 1/31/2013 2:47:11 PM(edited)
Gamenamebully posted...

Am I just being over paranoid or is there another way to put data someway else?

PS+ subscribers have their saved games files automatically backed up to the cloud every night. Plus it will automatically update any of your games if a patch comes out.

You set the time that it's to happen (most set it for very early in the morning), the Playstation switches itself on, does it's stuff and shuts down again.

You also get to download and play the full versions of all of the games from the Instant Game Collection while you are subscribed (LittleBigPlanet 2, Infamous 2, etc).

EDIT: Or the backup utility option, as RyuuHou25 mentioned

---
Check out my investigation into 7th generation exclusives here:
http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/
#4rschrake86Posted 1/31/2013 2:50:21 PM
IF you are a PS+ Subscriber, upload as much as you can to your cloud. Then use the backup utility feature with an external hdd. Your data won't corrupt. You have NOTHING to fear. I didn't use my cloud storage at all. Just did a backup utility onto a WD Passport when I was upgrading my 320gb Slim to a 1tb. I had NO problems what so ever. Just make sure once you start the processes you DO NOT get impatient and start messing with it. YES IT WILL seem like it's frozen more than once but TRUST it is NOT frozen. As long as you don't mess with it you'll be fine. I just upgraded in December. If you have any questions or need help PM me.
---
~HTTR~
#5Gamenamebully(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 3:10:07 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
The only and best way is to use the back up utility onto an external hard drive, then when you have your new HD in and 4.31 installed on it, use the restore option and everything will be right back on there like it was.

I didn't know you can use the restore option.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully