This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crysis 3 most generic fps ever made

#31jonnyram4000Posted 2/1/2013 2:33:41 PM
I'll be pc but you can't judge how ugly it looks from beta there no telling how old this build is and mp games never have good graphics.
---
3820 5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | 3way FTW670 4gb |Sammy 830 256gb SSD I sammy 1tb l Mobo ASUS Rampage IV Formula l ASUS PB278Ql PSU ST1500 l HD598 l HDTV PN51D8000
#32gucciburrrPosted 2/1/2013 2:53:41 PM
Beta is horrible. I played it on 360 and the visuals are atrocious. The framerate is even worse. Played the PC demo and it looks and runs insanely better. However, it's still beyond bland. The competitive mp should have been scrapped in favor of some large co-op feature . The competitve mp was a failure in C2 and will be in a failure in this installment.
---
Man I hate bein SOOOOOOOOBA!!!!!!
#33JohnHitman47Posted 2/1/2013 2:56:05 PM
No TC, CoD stills its the most generic and repetitive FPS ever made.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#34qlaxmicmizzel38Posted 2/1/2013 2:57:34 PM
JohnHitman47 posted...

How? Pretty much every FPS multiplayer ripped of things that were once incredible innovations made by COD.
---
"If you look good, you are good."
#35JohnHitman47Posted 2/1/2013 3:02:21 PM
qlaxmicmizzel38 posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...

How? Pretty much every FPS multiplayer ripped of things that were once incredible innovations made by COD.

Innovations?? sorry but CoD its the same thing every year, i love CoD 4 MW & MW2 but after that cod has turn worst and worst every year with no innovation even the mp runs worst every year.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#36majicray2112Posted 2/1/2013 3:28:59 PM
Wow, I just played the demo and thought it was the best game i ever played. So smooth, crazy good graphics, and the only ones that don't like it are related to renuuey osoppoppo. You know the lad that was just on dr. phil. The soap bender overer.
#37therickmu25Posted 2/1/2013 3:32:42 PM
howdyneighbor25 posted...
The pc kids love it. Using controllers > graphics tho imo

I can honestly say that PC 'kids' are just as indifferient to Crysis 3 as console 'kids'. I have an expensive PC that can run Crysis 3 at just about max and yea, it looks good, but what people discount is that there's 1000 other games on PC that look almost as good at this point and a lot of them are a ton more fun.

Crysis 1 having a more expansive world with mods and the fact it was years ahead of its time is what made it amazing. There's nothing special about C2 or C3 from what I've seen.
---
Desktop: http://i.imgur.com/qv9CK.jpg
Current Game Collection: http://i.imgur.com/FYaHS.jpg
#38PhaseSlaethePosted 2/1/2013 3:35:43 PM
JohnHitman47 posted...

Wait what?

You mean match types? Those existed before CoD.
#39SixStringHeroPosted 2/1/2013 3:51:10 PM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
FPS as a genre is kind of generic anyway.

The most you can do is create a world and setting that is interesting. The rest is just the same since the first FPS was ever made. You just play a gun. Literally. You rarely ever see feet. The most innovation there would be being able to look down and actually see feet.

Maybe also raising the player view height. I've seen tons of FPS games where it looks like I'm about 3 feet high.

Crysis actually has that detail, ever since the first game actually. So has the Halo franchise since Halo 2. Riddick did it, The Darkness, Condemned, FEAR, Battlefield 3 added it, Killzone 3.

A good amount of games add in that detail, and it really makes the world feel more immersive rather than being a floating cross hair with arms. I don't know why all FPS don't have this detail already, especially in this gen. Call of Duty really needs it...
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#40qlaxmicmizzel38Posted 2/2/2013 5:27:17 AM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...

Wait what?

You mean match types? Those existed before CoD.

Um, no, that's not what I mean...
---
"If you look good, you are good."