This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, would I like Ni No Kuni?

#1BenzychenzPosted 1/31/2013 5:58:34 PM
Figure the game board is full of fanboys so better to ask on the system board.

My favourite RPG's are Xenoblade, Paper Mario, Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts.
Only Final Fantasy I've played is 7, which I got bored with.
I've heard it be compared to the Tales series, which I've stayed away from due to the art style.

I prefer real time combat, which this has right? That's a plus.
I like exploring and collecting things, as long as there's some way to track what I need, randomly running around is meh. This has a book with all the monsters and stuff in it yeah? I guess that's sort of what I'm meaning.
I guess I just want to know if it's unnecessarily long and drawn out to the point I'd lose interest.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg
#2majin nemesisPosted 1/31/2013 6:02:08 PM
why don't you try the demo?
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#3zerooo0Posted 1/31/2013 6:07:11 PM
majin nemesis posted...

Why not ask the question on a gaming forum?

TC I would help out, but I don't have the game. I just hate it when I see posts like this.
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip
#4Benzychenz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:08:49 PM
majin nemesis posted...

Way too big to download.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg
#5JuanZoloPosted 1/31/2013 6:08:52 PM
It sounds like you would love it.

Huge world to explore. Brimming with secrets. Keeps track of EVERYTHING with a super detailed in-game book, much like the codex from Mass Effect, but even cooler. Real time combat. You catch pokemon(They're called familiars but I call them Pokemon anyway)
Not Overly long like most JRPG's.

Easily my favorite JRPG this gen.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#6Cloud069Posted 1/31/2013 6:09:05 PM
Well it has townz and a world map.
---
PSN: Cloud073
#7FoxtrotDelta88Posted 1/31/2013 6:10:54 PM
I say try the demo too, or rent it if you can, i thought i would like it since i haven't played a good JRPG in a while, so i thought NNK would be a nice change of pace from current games, couldn't have been more bored, so while some people say that you might like it, you'll never know unless you play the demo or rent the game
---
I believe in Jim Gordon...I believe in Harvey Dent...I believe in Gotham City
#8Still__RippinPosted 1/31/2013 6:12:17 PM
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=qUVAUbrDTwI&feature=plpp

Me fighting a boss and the dialogue after. There is a lot of dialogue and this is a good showing of the combat system. Check it out.
---
Lupe Fiasco is the best rapper alive.
Currently Playing~ XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Demons Souls, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, Magic 2013, Skate 2, Ni No Kuni
#9JuanZoloPosted 1/31/2013 6:15:09 PM
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...
I say try the demo too, or rent it if you can, i thought i would like it since i haven't played a good JRPG in a while, so i thought NNK would be a nice change of pace from current games, couldn't have been more bored, so while some people say that you might like it, you'll never know unless you play the demo or rent the game

I hated the demo. Thought it was SUPER boring. Then I saw all the praise it was getting and thought, "I must be missing something?". Gave the game a chance and I am SOOOO glad I did. Reminds me why I used to love JRPG's back in the day.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#10FoxtrotDelta88Posted 1/31/2013 6:17:42 PM
JuanZolo posted...
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...

I hated the demo. Thought it was SUPER boring. Then I saw all the praise it was getting and thought, "I must be missing something?". Gave the game a chance and I am SOOOO glad I did. Reminds me why I used to love JRPG's back in the day.

I hated the combat, i never liked turn based combat games either except for Chrono Trigger and some Final Fantasy games. I like the combat systems in Kingdom Hearts, Dot Hack and Star Ocean till the end of time instead
---
I believe in Jim Gordon...I believe in Harvey Dent...I believe in Gotham City