This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just played the Dust 541 Beta....and I'm afraid I have some bad news...

#1Chr0noidPosted 1/31/2013 6:03:25 PM(edited)
This game is going to bomb hard. I am almost willing to bet my account on it. Keyword being almost. Everything about this game is bland as hell, from the flaccid shooting (every gun sounds the same) with bland environments and maps, to bland graphics and HORRIBLE game mechanics (having to purchase new fittings AFTER EVERY TIME YOU DIE)

$99 IRL money for 200,000 skill points? Are you ****ing kidding me?

At first I was excited, going into the character creation process. It almost fools you into thinking it's going to be a hell of a ride. But as soon as the shooting started, I was bored as hell. I think I enjoyed whatever time I spent playing Halo more. And that's saying something considering I HATE HALO and everything it stands for, sans the lore or something.
---
The official No One Cares What "Position" You Held On Some Message Board So Please Stop Putting That **** In Your Sig of GameFAQs.
#2velvet_hammerPosted 1/31/2013 6:18:42 PM(edited)
I agree, I would have bought this game if it wasnt pay 2 win.. but this whole pay 2 win has me turned off.. it has very good potential wish it was $60 at launch or even $40.. probably would have bought it new a few months down the road.. reminds me of MAG which i loved
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#3JiZamezPosted 1/31/2013 6:18:06 PM
lol @ play to win
---
Playstation 3 Network ID: MapleStory
My Fat Princess, Square-Enix, & other game OST's: http://youtube.com/mapleps3
#4enigma2274Posted 1/31/2013 6:20:29 PM
Sucked...already deleted it.
---
Currently playing:EDF 2017, P3P, LBP Vita, Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni
#5EternalNetherPosted 1/31/2013 6:22:26 PM
Good to know it sucks. I'll stick with FFXIV ARR
#6Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 1/31/2013 6:27:21 PM
Yeah I hated the first beta a few months ago. I was pretty excited for the game too but every point TC made is completely valid. It felt like an N64 game to me and that is not good at all.
#7king_maddenPosted 1/31/2013 6:35:26 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
I agree, I would have bought this game if it wasnt pay 2 win.. but this whole pay 2 win has me turned off.. it has very good potential wish it was $60 at launch or even $40.. probably would have bought it new a few months down the road.. reminds me of MAG which i loved

isnt the game free?
#8TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/31/2013 6:39:40 PM
I despise the whole MMO concept. Glad I'm not missing out.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#9EternalNetherPosted 1/31/2013 6:40:01 PM
king_madden posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

isnt the game free?

He's saying that if the game had been buy to play (like Guild Wars 2 for example) he would have gladly bought it so long as it wasn't a pay to win game. Instead they made the game free, but also designed it so you can win the game simply buy spending cash on it.
#10velvet_hammerPosted 1/31/2013 7:08:48 PM
EternalNether posted...
king_madden posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

isnt the game free?

He's saying that if the game had been buy to play (like Guild Wars 2 for example) he would have gladly bought it so long as it wasn't a pay to win game. Instead they made the game free, but also designed it so you can win the game simply buy spending cash on it.

this, sorry I didnt make my point clear.. it was a pretty crappy few sentences..
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique