This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just played the Dust 541 Beta....and I'm afraid I have some bad news...

#11midgarPosted 1/31/2013 8:08:58 PM
Business model is irrelevant, since everything else about the game blows hard, as well.
---
"The key to happiness is disinterest mingled with mild contempt."
Better living through apathy. If you're into that sort of thing.
#12zemzeroPosted 1/31/2013 9:30:23 PM
Is it unfair to say "But it's still in beta!"? I haven't played it but some of your points could be fixed by the time the game goes gold, correct?

I'm really hoping the game does well, I loved Mag and want to love Dust.
#13tack129Posted 1/31/2013 9:43:33 PM
Well they said they have some planned features coming soon including a co-op mode but if anything I think it's free to play with a micro-transaction system. I am not complaining but I won't be playing as much.
---
PSN: tack129
#14gtaking5Posted 1/31/2013 9:58:43 PM
Is it unfair to say "But it's still in beta!"? I haven't played it but some of your points could be fixed by the time the game goes gold, correct?

I'm really hoping the game does well, I loved Mag and want to love Dust.

I'd say no. The game has been in beta for almost a year, and there is still no known release date other than 2013, so the "It's still a beta" argument is perfectly valid.

And no you don't have to purchase new fittings after you die. You see the Dash next to the default classes? those mean the class is infinite. You only have to purchase new fittings for custom classes. Not like ISK is hard to get anyway. I've only played maybe 5 games, but I recall getting around 200,000 ISK each game.

But I've been really loving the game(haven't played as much as I want because my set up makes it hard for me to use a KB&M. Possible. But hard and complicated), and it's really been reminding me of Planetside 2.
---
Are you out there? are you listening?
Is there something we're still missing?
#15AjescentPosted 1/31/2013 10:29:51 PM
I personally don't think it was bad, people seem more upset about its p2w than the game being bad. Its not bad.
---
I survived the Apocalyps3 and the Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.
http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Ajescent
#16USFPosted 1/31/2013 10:37:52 PM
Everything about this game is bland as hell, from the flaccid shooting (every gun sounds the same) with bland environments and maps, to bland graphics and HORRIBLE game mechanics

Sounds like CoD. I haven't played it and I have no interest in it, beta or not, just glad I didn't try to even waste my time.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Ni No Kuni, DoTa 2, LoL, Anno 2070, Xcom: Enemy Unknown.
#17kitsune2222Posted 1/31/2013 10:39:51 PM
Welcome to the future. Popular games series like CoD and Battlefield will have mini transactions like these.
You will be forced to buy flashbangs for real money, want a red dot sight? Pay up! You dont want pay? Fine just use the iron sights then.

Just imagine a free2play game on the iphone being CoD, you'll realize Im right.
#18GunzleaderPosted 1/31/2013 11:30:08 PM
i agree with tc's sig. no one honestly gives a flying **** what game/messege board your official of. moar like official brag an no one honestly gives a dam. put that in your sig TY!
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#19brycemorrPosted 1/31/2013 11:36:10 PM
Jes louise Its a Free to win. You guys that complain about not having good gear or skills just need to play more.I have yet to spend a dollar in the game. the game is going to be free period save for some items in the market place but you can win wih out that stuff.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#20Taran_McDohlPosted 1/31/2013 11:38:39 PM
I agree. I tried it for a few days and could not get into it to save my life. Also its very very pay to win.
Thats why F2P games scare me...because 99% of them are pay to win..and only 1% of them has a store just for cosmetics and not stats or weapons boosts.
---
An excuse is the sauce fools spoon over failure to hide the flavor of their own incompetence.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera