This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After the PS3 launch, why are people so excited for the PS4 launch?

#1nekrothingPosted 1/31/2013 7:20:00 PM
Considering there were no games for the longest time on the PS3, it sat on most people's shelves for years just collecting dust. The only good time to buy a console is towards the middle/end of its life, not when it launches. Only now has the PS3 become worth buying.
#2TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/31/2013 7:21:26 PM
...even the PS2 launch sucked. Launches are usually poorly followed up.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#3nekrothing(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:23:21 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
...even the PS2 launch sucked. Launches are usually poorly followed up.

So you agree, there's no reason to get excited for the PS4 launch? Small library filled with shovelware games, while the system collects dust for two or three years.
#4UniversquallPosted 1/31/2013 7:24:24 PM
Do we have a launch date yet? I've got the money ready.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#5king_maddenPosted 1/31/2013 7:24:34 PM
well I wouldnt mind it coming out now, so I can see what its capable of. nothing wrong with wanting the ps4/720 to launch. it MIGHT not have games day one, but you dont have to buy it day 1. its an option.
#6MonopomanPosted 1/31/2013 7:27:05 PM
nekrothing posted...
Considering there were no games for the longest time on the PS3, it sat on most people's shelves for years just collecting dust. The only good time to buy a console is towards the middle/end of its life, not when it launches. Only now has the PS3 become worth buying.

Well duh buying any system near the end of its lifespan is the best deal ever.

1.) The console is exponentially cheaper.
2.) You will likely have never played any of the exclusives and you can buy old exclusives cheap.
3.) The library is basically at its largest capacity giving far more options.

The problem is if everyone went with this strategy NO CONSOLE would be successful. Because developers won't make games for a console no one owns.
#7majin nemesisPosted 1/31/2013 7:27:55 PM
lol no games
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#8userfrigginamePosted 1/31/2013 7:28:53 PM
Well, it's understandable because it's a new console, and they don't come out very often. The possible launch titles are almost negligible because a new console introduces another period of gaming.
#9megax11Posted 1/31/2013 7:44:53 PM
Only two systems in the history of gaming had great launches.

The Dreamcast and Wii U offered a lot of variety in titles.

I don't see the PS4 offering anything good at launch, just like the PS3 didn't. I expect more gritty, M-Rated sequels, that are tied to the FPS and racing genres, just like most games of the 7th generation.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#10HoIlywoodPosted 1/31/2013 7:45:55 PM
so what? it's still something to look forward to even if you aren't going to buy it day 1
---
PSN: Ahkiva