This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Panning security cameras and video games

#1wigsplasherPosted 1/31/2013 7:50:55 PM
Anyone else think a lot of these "secure" areas in our video games would be a lot more secure if they had static cameras?

Furthermore, how come it's insanely rare to find a security room with camera views in games? Who watches these cameras!?
---
"You don't have a wife, that's a voice in your head." - mogar002
#2zyrax2301Posted 1/31/2013 7:57:45 PM
The ones I'm thinking of usually have guns attached or just set off an alarm...I assume via infra-red/motion detection. They don't need nobody watchin' em.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#3wigsplasher(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:03:13 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
The ones I'm thinking of usually have guns attached or just set off an alarm...I assume via infra-red/motion detection. They don't need nobody watchin' em.

A) Since when do security cameras come with mounted guns?

B) Motion detection means NO ONE can walk past them which is dumb

C) What happens if you just cause a turret camera gun to fire until it runs out of bullets?

D) Why KILL someone for walking in front of a camera? Why not just lock the damn door or post a guard?
---
#4Dave_KirkhamPosted 1/31/2013 8:05:07 PM
lol da old ex gf made a smart choice
---
I am not a screenwriter. I am a used car salesman. I spend more on toys than my own 3 kids and I hate anything Sony puts out even if it is widely praised.
#5zyrax2301Posted 1/31/2013 8:05:11 PM
Umm...nanomachines?

I'm pretty sure that's the right answer to all of these questions :D
---
#6wigsplasher(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:06:57 PM
Dave_Kirkham posted...
lol da old ex gf made a smart choice

?
---
#7SpacePirateSealPosted 1/31/2013 8:07:00 PM
wigsplasher posted...
zyrax2301 posted...

C) What happens if you just cause a turret camera gun to fire until it runs out of bullets?

D) Why KILL someone for walking in front of a camera? Why not just lock the damn door or post a guard?

A) Pretty sure Metal Gear Solid 2 had them

B) Which also means you have to either find another way or equip your unlimited ammo bandana

C) By the time that happens the guards will get you and surround you, causing you to run and hide, possibly under a cardboard box.

D) Cause they're inside a place they shouldn't be. and guards are easy to subdue with the use of a playboy magazine
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TrangOul-1280/hero/25125410
#8wigsplasher(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:14:18 PM
SpacePirateSeal posted...
wigsplasher posted...
zyrax2301 posted...

A) Pretty sure Metal Gear Solid 2 had them

B) Which also means you have to either find another way or equip your unlimited ammo bandana

C) By the time that happens the guards will get you and surround you, causing you to run and hide, possibly under a cardboard box.

D) Cause they're inside a place they shouldn't be. and guards are easy to subdue with the use of a playboy magazine

I'm talking games in general and not MGS. I'm also trying to use logic here unlike MGS.
---
#9SpacePirateSealPosted 1/31/2013 8:16:57 PM
^Alright then... VIDEO GAME LOGIC!!!!! *walks away*
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TrangOul-1280/hero/25125410
#10zyrax2301Posted 1/31/2013 8:17:43 PM
In that case we should look toward Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I'm quite certain that the cameras in that game were generally static, could be viewed and controlled in the control rooms they were connected to, and only sounded an alarm when they spotted someone (i.e. you).

As for how they tell friend from foe, I ain't gonna question what kind of wizardry they have going on when a man can turn another man into paste with his cool turbo-arms.
---