This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Panning security cameras and video games

#11R15KPosted 1/31/2013 11:01:02 PM
You kind of miss the point, the cameras move so you CAN get by them. Depending on the tech available in the game your only chance to pass may be when it pans.
#12riddlebox89Posted 1/31/2013 11:13:59 PM
wigsplasher posted...
I'm talking games in general and not MGS. I'm also trying to use logic here unlike MGS.

So you're trying to apply real life logic to a video game?

Yeah your argument is automatically irrelevant, everyone knows that video game logic ALWAYS beats real life logic no matter what.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#13wigsplasher(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:05:42 AM
R15K posted...
You kind of miss the point, the cameras move so you CAN get by them. Depending on the tech available in the game your only chance to pass may be when it pans.

What about air vents?
---
"You don't have a wife, that's a voice in your head." - mogar002
#14kingofall214Posted 2/1/2013 1:08:46 AM
Most games with security cameras allow you too shoot them out. In real life I think that alone would set off the alarms. I usually like to think that they are motion sensor but I have been playing unit 13 and they made a point of it for you take out the guy who mans the security room. I guess he was snoozing if he didn't notice a guy show up on camera and shoot it out.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#15wigsplasher(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:16:06 AM
kingofall214 posted...
Most games with security cameras allow you too shoot them out. In real life I think that alone would set off the alarms. I usually like to think that they are motion sensor but I have been playing unit 13 and they made a point of it for you take out the guy who mans the security room. I guess he was snoozing if he didn't notice a guy show up on camera and shoot it out.

Cameras don't go into "alarm mode" if they're destroyed. The video feed just cuts out and you might get a pop-up on your monitor.
---
#16kingofall214Posted 2/1/2013 1:20:35 AM
wigsplasher posted...
kingofall214 posted...

Cameras don't go into "alarm mode" if they're destroyed. The video feed just cuts out and you might get a pop-up on your monitor.

Which if the guy watching them was doing his job he would see that and trigger the alarm. video game characters have the worst and best luck. If you step in front of the camera, you can be sure the guy watching them is doing his job and trigger the alarm. If you shoot out the camera then you can be sure he will be snoozing.
---
#17wigsplasher(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:26:01 AM
kingofall214 posted...
wigsplasher posted...
kingofall214 posted...

Which if the guy watching them was doing his job he would see that and trigger the alarm. video game characters have the worst and best luck. If you step in front of the camera, you can be sure the guy watching them is doing his job and trigger the alarm. If you shoot out the camera then you can be sure he will be snoozing.

And then we all have to wonder: are they putting their best guards on camera-watching duty? I doubt it. That's even if there is a guard posted in the first place. The cameras could be there only for insurance and review purposes.
---
#18kingofall214Posted 2/1/2013 1:30:14 AM
wigsplasher posted...
kingofall214 posted...
wigsplasher posted...
kingofall214 posted...

And then we all have to wonder: are they putting their best guards on camera-watching duty? I doubt it. That's even if there is a guard posted in the first place. The cameras could be there only for insurance and review purposes.

Almost all guards are smucks in these games. They will literally walk past a fallen comrade who has a bullet lodged in his head, look around for 2 seconds then go back on patrol like nothing happened.

I doubt military compounds and banks are for review purposes. They pay a guy to sit in the room and just watch the screens.
---
#19TomoEK9Posted 2/1/2013 2:30:01 AM
nothing wrong with a panning camera, its the multitude of blind spots that are there. realistically if one camera pans, there is another camera to catch any blind spots. of course video games need to be beatable so they make camera placement stupid.
#20wigsplasher(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 12:55:24 PM
There's gotta be a better way to "help" the player be able to complete the game. If a camera can have a turret with unlimited ammo mounted on top of it, then how come we can't remotely hack the cameras?
---
3D gaming is overrated