This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Don't hope for Backwards Compatibility on the PS4

#1monkeyman0111Posted 1/31/2013 8:50:12 PM
At least in physical form. I really don't want to see people complaining on this board about it not being BC.
It's highly unlikely it will, so for yours and everyone's sake stop now.

I mean after all does it really matter? Blu ray is still relevant, and the PS3 is a great media machine with DVD music, and video services. There isn't much reason to trade it in.
---
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
PSN: Monkeyman0111
#2monkeyman0111(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:50:46 PM
Plus the PS4 will be cheaper with out it which is good for everyone
---
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
PSN: Monkeyman0111
#3Zack_Attackv1Posted 1/31/2013 8:51:03 PM
The only thing you're doing is releasing the floodgates.
---
|L|A|y|l|A|
My anti-drug
#4AwayFromHerePosted 1/31/2013 8:51:50 PM
I'm willing to bet money everything downloadable on PSN will be available to play on PS4, minus games that developers futz up their licenses for.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#5Zack_Attackv1Posted 1/31/2013 8:52:21 PM
Also, second post loses again.
---
|L|A|y|l|A|
My anti-drug
#6Mutant1988Posted 1/31/2013 8:59:40 PM
monkeyman0111 posted...
I really don't want to see people complaining on this board about it not being BC.

I fail to see any reason to comply with that.

It better be backwards compatible or I'm going to buy the competitors product instead.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#7NicodimusPosted 1/31/2013 8:59:42 PM
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p86/Nicodimus22/btfshn.jpg
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#8CooperRCPosted 1/31/2013 9:00:48 PM
monkeyman0111 posted...
At least in physical form. I really don't want to see people complaining on this board about it not being BC.
It's highly unlikely it will, so for yours and everyone's sake stop now.

I mean after all does it really matter? Blu ray is still relevant, and the PS3 is a great media machine with DVD music, and video services. There isn't much reason to trade it in.

Maybe you will change your mind when your PS3 goes YLOD?
#9MelficeSeph2Posted 1/31/2013 9:04:07 PM
I'd prefer it to be BC at LEAST with the PS3 catalog.
---
Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride, you're in good hands.- Gene Starwind
#10stalepie29Posted 1/31/2013 9:04:54 PM
Most likely senarios:

1 - Most older-than-ps3 PSN purchases will still work
2 - ps2 may work (certainly could technically but they may want to encourage PSN purchases of re-released ps2 games, plus HD releases)
3 - more hd releases, including of ps3 titles (down the line... such as 1080p versions of 720 games)
4 - some ps3 games, especially less intensive ones, quickly ported for ps4, like Castle Crashers, PS MInis, etc.
5 - Gaikai is used for streaming new and old games, may require subscription or be part of PS+

just guesses - but I hope they include as much B./C as possible -- doing it in software (thru the store) just brings them more money, makes their library larger and requires the user to have less devices.