This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Don't hope for Backwards Compatibility on the PS4

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Don't hope for Backwards Compatibility on the PS4

User Info: boofie

boofie
4 years ago#21
You don't want to see people complaining about BC so you made a topic about it. Am I missing something here?

User Info: monkeyman0111

monkeyman0111
4 years ago#22
stalepie29 posted...
Most likely senarios:

1 - Most older-than-ps3 PSN purchases will still work
2 - ps2 may work (certainly could technically but they may want to encourage PSN purchases of re-released ps2 games, plus HD releases)
3 - more hd releases, including of ps3 titles (down the line... such as 1080p versions of 720 games)
4 - some ps3 games, especially less intensive ones, quickly ported for ps4, like Castle Crashers, PS MInis, etc.
5 - Gaikai is used for streaming new and old games, may require subscription or be part of PS+

just guesses - but I hope they include as much B./C as possible -- doing it in software (thru the store) just brings them more money, makes their library larger and requires the user to have less devices.

This is a very possible senario
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
PSN: Monkeyman0111

User Info: monkeyman0111

monkeyman0111
4 years ago#23
ninjakraken posted...
I am very much hoping for BC however judging from that Wall Street article it is very unlikely and this is a big disappointment. I feel that at least most psn-only games should carry over and would be extremely annoyed if they weren't, it makes digital media seem so risky to 'own'.

The reason why I prefer BC is that I like to replay old games but I do not have the space to have multiple consoles set up. Of course I could always set a console up as I want to play it, but convenience is obviously far more appealing.

Agreed which is ultimately why i got rid of my PS2. But for some reason I personally don't mind keeping the PS3 around. It's aging very nicely, and I eventually will have two rooms with two tvs, so which ever HDTV is older I'll connect my PS3
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
PSN: Monkeyman0111

User Info: Snorlax_exlax

Snorlax_exlax
4 years ago#24
As long as it plays cassette tapes, I'll be fine.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/exChardude.png
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/SNORLAXex.png

User Info: Exodiver

Exodiver
4 years ago#25
Do we really need PS4?
PS3 is very great as is....no need for a new gen which makes developing games and prices of its console and games more expensive than what already is.
The only verdict is vengeance; a Vendetta, held as a votive,not in vain,for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous

User Info: bigdeez

bigdeez
4 years ago#26
if you own a ps3 now, why do you need bc? As long as Sony keeps PSN and PS+ on the PS3 we should be golden!! Like i have written in many topics i can only hope that Sony keep's PSN & PS+ for the PS3 as well as PS4.
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings. - Max Payne

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
4 years ago#27
bigdeez posted...
if you own a ps3 now, why do you need bc? As long as Sony keeps PSN and PS+ on the PS3 we should be golden!! Like i have written in many topics i can only hope that Sony keep's PSN & PS+ for the PS3 as well as PS4.

agreed.I am not getting rid of my PS3 so,BC is not a big deal on the PS4 for me either.I am sure PSN&PS+ will carry over to the PS4.
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.

User Info: gamestop27

gamestop27
4 years ago#28
Screw yourself TC, I'll complain all I want.
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~William Simms

User Info: Mutant1988

Mutant1988
4 years ago#29
monkeyman0111 posted...

OK then I'd recommend get the competitor's machine, and not complaining. It sours other people's excitement for the system

Try not giving a **** about what others think.

It will greatly improve your quality of life.

Me? I'll keep complaining regardless of what you think of it. That's my right as a user on this forum, as a customer of Sony and as a consumer in general. If I am dissatisfied, I'm allowed to express said dissatisfaction.

You don't need to listen.

Sony might want to, because it will cost them a sale from me and everyone else that shares my opinion.

And if the others system doesn't provide what I want, I'll buy something else still. The games I'll miss by not buying Sony's new console (and the system itself) will hit the bargain bin/price level eventually anyway. I also have plenty of games still to play and buy for the systems that they didn't disappoint with.
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Don't hope for Backwards Compatibility on the PS4

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived