This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Don't hope for Backwards Compatibility on the PS4

#21boofiePosted 1/31/2013 9:49:25 PM
You don't want to see people complaining about BC so you made a topic about it. Am I missing something here?
#22monkeyman0111(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:49:55 PM
stalepie29 posted...
Most likely senarios:

1 - Most older-than-ps3 PSN purchases will still work
2 - ps2 may work (certainly could technically but they may want to encourage PSN purchases of re-released ps2 games, plus HD releases)
3 - more hd releases, including of ps3 titles (down the line... such as 1080p versions of 720 games)
4 - some ps3 games, especially less intensive ones, quickly ported for ps4, like Castle Crashers, PS MInis, etc.
5 - Gaikai is used for streaming new and old games, may require subscription or be part of PS+

just guesses - but I hope they include as much B./C as possible -- doing it in software (thru the store) just brings them more money, makes their library larger and requires the user to have less devices.

This is a very possible senario
---
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
PSN: Monkeyman0111
#23monkeyman0111(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:53:15 PM
ninjakraken posted...
I am very much hoping for BC however judging from that Wall Street article it is very unlikely and this is a big disappointment. I feel that at least most psn-only games should carry over and would be extremely annoyed if they weren't, it makes digital media seem so risky to 'own'.

The reason why I prefer BC is that I like to replay old games but I do not have the space to have multiple consoles set up. Of course I could always set a console up as I want to play it, but convenience is obviously far more appealing.

Agreed which is ultimately why i got rid of my PS2. But for some reason I personally don't mind keeping the PS3 around. It's aging very nicely, and I eventually will have two rooms with two tvs, so which ever HDTV is older I'll connect my PS3
---
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
PSN: Monkeyman0111
#24Snorlax_exlaxPosted 1/31/2013 10:11:43 PM
As long as it plays cassette tapes, I'll be fine.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/exChardude.png
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/SNORLAXex.png
#25ExodiverPosted 1/31/2013 10:13:46 PM
Do we really need PS4?
PS3 is very great as is....no need for a new gen which makes developing games and prices of its console and games more expensive than what already is.
---
The only verdict is vengeance; a Vendetta, held as a votive,not in vain,for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous
#26bigdeezPosted 1/31/2013 10:14:23 PM
if you own a ps3 now, why do you need bc? As long as Sony keeps PSN and PS+ on the PS3 we should be golden!! Like i have written in many topics i can only hope that Sony keep's PSN & PS+ for the PS3 as well as PS4.
---
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings. - Max Payne
#27crazyman32Posted 1/31/2013 10:21:29 PM
bigdeez posted...
if you own a ps3 now, why do you need bc? As long as Sony keeps PSN and PS+ on the PS3 we should be golden!! Like i have written in many topics i can only hope that Sony keep's PSN & PS+ for the PS3 as well as PS4.

agreed.I am not getting rid of my PS3 so,BC is not a big deal on the PS4 for me either.I am sure PSN&PS+ will carry over to the PS4.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#28gamestop27Posted 1/31/2013 10:25:26 PM
Screw yourself TC, I'll complain all I want.
---
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~William Simms
#29Mutant1988Posted 2/1/2013 7:23:53 AM
monkeyman0111 posted...

OK then I'd recommend get the competitor's machine, and not complaining. It sours other people's excitement for the system

Try not giving a **** about what others think.

It will greatly improve your quality of life.

Me? I'll keep complaining regardless of what you think of it. That's my right as a user on this forum, as a customer of Sony and as a consumer in general. If I am dissatisfied, I'm allowed to express said dissatisfaction.

You don't need to listen.

Sony might want to, because it will cost them a sale from me and everyone else that shares my opinion.

And if the others system doesn't provide what I want, I'll buy something else still. The games I'll miss by not buying Sony's new console (and the system itself) will hit the bargain bin/price level eventually anyway. I also have plenty of games still to play and buy for the systems that they didn't disappoint with.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.