This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Popular game series you've never played once?

#1Magikoopa21Posted 1/31/2013 10:26:37 PM
Are there any popular game series' that you haven't played a single game in?
For me: Fallout, DMC, Castlevania, Tekken, Tales of, Mass Effect, Yakuza.
#2CammyApplePosted 1/31/2013 10:28:55 PM
Kingdom Hearts. (though I watched another play it.)

I'm sure there are others but that one comes to mind first.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#3TheMcKnightMarePosted 1/31/2013 10:31:18 PM
Mass Effect
Uncharted
Tekken
Halo
Gears of War
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Left 4 Dead
Yakuza
Breath of Fire
Kingdom Hearts
Shadow Hearts
Counter Strike
Splinter Cell
Rainbow Six
Spyro
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightMare
#4656stoogePosted 1/31/2013 10:36:19 PM(edited)
I guess Kingdom Hearts. I own them all, but the two times I've gone to start the series I get up to a race over a bunch of tree tops maybe 15 minutes in, and for some reason I can never win it.
The game seems to advance regardless of whether I win or not, but my gaming OCD just can't live with the fact that I lost.

So tell me people, does losing the race have any consequence what so ever? Even a minor affect on anything?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#5Spartan718Posted 1/31/2013 10:34:26 PM
Fallout, Mass Effect, Yakuza, Halo,Saints Row,LBP,Katamari just to name a few off the top of my head
---
PSN:Spartan_718
"The feeble tremble before opinion,the foolish defy it, the wise judge it, and the skillful direct it" ~ Jeanne Roland
#6DarknessXSeekerPosted 1/31/2013 10:35:01 PM
CammyApple posted...
Kingdom Hearts. (though I watched another play it.)

I'm sure there are others but that one comes to mind first.

You need to play Kingdom Hearts it is awesome, but probably God of War and Metal Gear Solid.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#7BrutalBrockenPosted 1/31/2013 10:36:46 PM
Ive played everything listed so far except Gears of War, ive never played any of them which is weird since ive owned an Xbox 360 day 1
---
XBOX- Brutal Brocken
PS3- BrutalBrocken
#8ZetgobPosted 1/31/2013 10:42:23 PM
Yakuza is considered popular now?

Anyway...I think Borderlands is one of the biggest hits I've missed out on, at least from this generation. I've played at least some part of every series mentioned in the thread thus far.
#9Magikoopa21(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:48:57 PM
656stooge posted...
I guess Kingdom Hearts. I own them all, but the two times I've gone to start the series I get up to a race over a bunch of tree tops maybe 15 minutes in, and for some reason I can never win it.
The game seems to advance regardless of whether I win or not, but my gaming OCD just can't live with the fact that I lost.

So tell me people, does losing the race have any consequence what so ever? Even a minor affect on anything?

No it doesn't. I think you get a minor item or something for winning the race. That's basically a tutorial world/prologue, and I've played the first KH many times and never won that race. There's no other races in the rest of the series, it's just to get you familiar with jumping, and none of the jumping in any game is as hard as that race. So just keep playing!
#10killakPosted 1/31/2013 10:50:14 PM
I'll go with Tales.
---
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"