This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can Ps4 possibly win over iPad gaming?

#31PHEEliNUXPosted 2/1/2013 1:41:00 AM(edited)
Not sure where you got "most" from, Anyway i did a little search on it

Tablet sales=52.5M

Wii alone sold more than that

Source for the tablet sales

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/tablets/news/global-tablet-sales-surge-as-apple-continues-domination-microsoft-surface-disappoints-325152

And besides that still doesn't mean tablet gaming doesn't exist or anything, Just that it is not as much as console gaming

---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#32SL68(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:42:13 AM
TomoEK9 posted...
SL68 posted...
I fully agree to that, and most people don't want to dedicate time for games.

Then a console isn't for them. Gaming on an Iphone/Ipad/Android is hit or miss. Much like the Wii, casual gamers are only in it for a while then sales drop.

Zynga, the company that's famous for so many mobile games has been bleeding money and had to shut down several of its offices due to lost profits.

Mobile gaming on a phone is something you do to pass the time, and for the most part its free. Most of the revenue isn't in the one dollar purchases but in the ads they get to jam in there while you play.

Zynga is not famous for their mobile games, they're famous for the web browser based games and Facebook games. Get your facts right.

What do you see happen on the market today? Companies turn more and more to smartphone and tablet games because of low risks, and the giant publishers tries to create the ultimate Hollywood experience. Dedicated consoles cannot survive on Hollywood experiences alone. A console cannot survive with just CoD and FIFA.
#33TomoEK9Posted 2/1/2013 1:45:35 AM
SL68 posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
SL68 posted...

Then a console isn't for them. Gaming on an Iphone/Ipad/Android is hit or miss. Much like the Wii, casual gamers are only in it for a while then sales drop.

Zynga, the company that's famous for so many mobile games has been bleeding money and had to shut down several of its offices due to lost profits.

Mobile gaming on a phone is something you do to pass the time, and for the most part its free. Most of the revenue isn't in the one dollar purchases but in the ads they get to jam in there while you play.

Zynga is not famous for their mobile games, they're famous for the web browser based games and Facebook games. Get your facts right.

What do you see happen on the market today? Companies turn more and more to smartphone and tablet games because of low risks, and the giant publishers tries to create the ultimate Hollywood experience. Dedicated consoles cannot survive on Hollywood experiences alone. A console cannot survive with just CoD and FIFA.

What? They may use smartphone games as a way to advertise for bigger budget games but the Smartphone market is still a smaller market than the console gaming one.

Its definitely not low risk because the bigger publishers don't put their game out for a dollar, its usually more than that because they have a bigger development budget.

You seem to think that all smartphone games are indie games with simplistic mechanics like Angry Birds. Thats not true at all.
#34SL68(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:53:46 AM
TomoEK9 posted...
SL68 posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
SL68 posted...

What? They may use smartphone games as a way to advertise for bigger budget games but the Smartphone market is still a smaller market than the console gaming one.

Its definitely not low risk because the bigger publishers don't put their game out for a dollar, its usually more than that because they have a bigger development budget.

You seem to think that all smartphone games are indie games with simplistic mechanics like Angry Birds. Thats not true at all.

Of course they don't put their big games out for a dollar, BUT they release smaller, cheaper games. Square Enix does this a lot in Japan for GREE, for example.
#35BeknessPosted 2/1/2013 2:13:10 AM
crazyman32 posted...
ha ha that is a good joke.I don't own any apple products myself.I have a HP Notebook and my cellphone is a Samsung Galaxy S-III which I think is better then the Iphone plus it has free apps.

My phone is a crappy 20 dollar phone, because I have a tendency to smash them if I'm in a bad mood. (anger issues) Also I don't really get texts or calls, all my friends are online so they just Skype me or message me on Steam. I really only have it for emergencies.
---
I'm hot blooded, check it and see
#36CojiroseanPosted 2/1/2013 2:15:11 AM
Personally I like playing Persona 3 Portable on public transport, just for the looks that I get...
---
"Whoa, you sure you're speaking Japanese there Daichi?"
#37PHEEliNUXPosted 2/1/2013 2:17:16 AM
Cojirosean posted...
Personally I like playing Persona 3 Portable on public transport, just for the looks that I get...

Lol i play P3P when i'm going out too, Anyway idk why TC compared consoles with tablets(Which is like comparing an apple to an orange) instead of Portable with tablet
---
#38SL68(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 2:19:54 AM
PHEEliNUX posted...
Cojirosean posted...

Lol i play P3P when i'm going out too, Anyway idk why TC compared consoles with tablets(Which is like comparing an apple to an orange) instead of Portable with tablet

Because the line is more diffuse than before. You can, already today, play iPad games on your TV via AirPlay. Is it still a portable? No. It's both.

We know that iPhone and iPad have already killed Vita and 3DS, and they're about to kill Wii U/Ps4/720, too.
#39PHEEliNUXPosted 2/1/2013 2:22:06 AM
SL68 posted...
PHEEliNUX posted...
Cojirosean posted...

Because the line is more diffuse than before. You can, already today, play iPad games on your TV via AirPlay. Is it still a portable? No. It's both.

We know that iPhone and iPad have already killed Vita and 3DS, and they're about to kill Wii U/Ps4/720, too.

Who knows, Vita is fairly new while 3DS is 1 or 2 years old, This consoles gen just started with the Wii U. While tablets and iPhones doesn't fall into a certain gaming generation
---
#40crazyman32Posted 2/1/2013 2:26:35 AM
Bekness posted...
crazyman32 posted...
ha ha that is a good joke.I don't own any apple products myself.I have a HP Notebook and my cellphone is a Samsung Galaxy S-III which I think is better then the Iphone plus it has free apps.

My phone is a crappy 20 dollar phone, because I have a tendency to smash them if I'm in a bad mood. (anger issues) Also I don't really get texts or calls, all my friends are online so they just Skype me or message me on Steam. I really only have it for emergencies.

Well it's a good thing you have a cheap phone then or that would be pricey.I have used skype before as well.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.