The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do YOU care about backward compatibility?

#1CorathTheHungPosted 2/1/2013 1:54:14 AM
Do YOU care about backward compatibility? - Results (194 votes)
Yes, I hope the new Sony console has it in some way
65.46% (127 votes)
No, I will keep my Playstation 3
20.1% (39 votes)
I don't care either way
14.43% (28 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Discuss.
#2killakPosted 2/1/2013 1:56:29 AM
I care about it, but there's too much chance of emulation (which will not be easy at all), and I can't think of anything worse than playing something like Uncharted and having horrendous issues that pop up.

The next gen might be one to let BC slide.
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me (At EB Games): No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*
#3kingofall214Posted 2/1/2013 1:59:49 AM
No BC is a burden and should never be included in any console.

Of course I and anyone else would care about BC. Now if it doesn't have it it won't break the deal for me but the ps4 would have to make up for it in other ways.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#4crazyman32Posted 2/1/2013 2:01:27 AM
No,I am keeping my PS3.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#5ShinXaguraPosted 2/1/2013 2:03:14 AM
That would be nice to play old games on PS4 but we need to wait and see.
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#6CronoGuyverPosted 2/1/2013 2:05:48 AM
They should create backward compatibility, unless they will release a PS3 system that cannot get any type of hardware failure. I have way over 500 games on my PS3 and I want to play most of them when ever I want to. I still play atari2600, sometimes that is.
---
Those who come with a sword, will die by the sword.
#7PHEEliNUXPosted 2/1/2013 2:09:08 AM
I will keep my PS3
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#8killakPosted 2/1/2013 2:52:20 AM
Just looking at the rumoured specs of the next playstation, I think we can kiss backwards compatibility goodbye.

PS3 runs on an IBM PowerPC CPU, and a nVidia GPU

the next playstation is rumoured to have an AMD CPU, and a AMD GPU.

That basically means 100% pure software emulation, and unless this thing is unbelievably super powered compared to the PS3, there won't be any sort of backwards compatibility.
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta
#9beebarbPosted 2/1/2013 2:58:28 AM
Frankly, it doesn't matter so long as they aren't stupid enough to remove the optical drive. Physical media will always have a place, as not everyone can afford top of the line internet access, or is willing to wait for a download to complete before playing.

A download only system will be avoided like the plague by those with slower connections, including myself (I have the misfortune of living with someone who plays the bandwidth-hogging World of Warcraft nearly all day, slowing everyone else down), and those who prefer immediate play.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#10kingofall214Posted 2/1/2013 3:04:03 AM
CronoGuyver posted...
They should create backward compatibility, unless they will release a PS3 system that cannot get any type of hardware failure. I have way over 500 games on my PS3 and I want to play most of them when ever I want to. I still play atari2600, sometimes that is.

It helps that older consoles have no moving parts. I personally would like it if ps4 games used memory sticks instead of blue ray. I know it will never happen but I just hate buying a console that uses moving parts. No matter how perfect you make it it will still fail in a life time. It's why I know my vita will last longer than my ps3. As for my ps3 I try to get as many games as I can digitally. As soon as a 1TB SSD comes out and is cheap I am sticking that sucker right in my ps3.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214